Prologue

It was a mission gone wrong.   It had suppose to be two months, tops. As Justice League members he had known the risks, they both did.   She cursed the others for asking him to go on it, and she cursed him for agreeing to go on that intergalactic mission. 

They had needed an archer.   Roy wasn't formally part of the League anymore, he had left it short months after joining.   He also was making up for lost time with Lian and Jade, there was no way he would have agreed to go.   There had been no way Artemis was going.   She wasn't about to leave Wally for two months, not when he had just gotten out of the Speed Force after over a year and they had been married for less than half a year.   Arsenal was too much of a liability to send on a League mission, not to mention he wasn't even part of the Team, was currently ignoring everybody, and probably would have laughed in their face if asked if he wanted to go on it.   Mia, since she only had two years of being Arrowette, was too inexperienced.

At the end of the day, no one else possibly could have gone.  He had trained the others, raised most of them too.   He had seventeen years of experience.  He was also the only one who was actually part of the League, Artemis and Mia were part of the Team, and the boys weren't part of any of it.   He really had been the only option.  It never meant she liked it.

And now he was gone. 

The League had lost contact when the ship was forced into a battle.   A shot was coming towards the ship, and they had lost contact.  The line had gone dead.   Likely from something destroying the ship.   The League had had no contact since.

He was presumed dead, as were the other Leaguers on that ill-fated mission.

And she was on Earth.

Alone.