Chapter 7: Loving Her

We return you to your scheduled programing of  Oliver's P.O.V.

Oliver hadn't intended to stay this long.    His original plan had been to meet Olivia, listen to Dinah's explanation for her disappearance, convince her to come back to Star City, and have his whole family united in Star City by the afternoon.    Yet here he was, still in Swanann City, and it was after seven in the evening.   Dinah hadn't even given her explanation yet!   In his heart though... it was worth it.    Spending time with his wife and the daughter he hadn't known existed until yesterday?   Priceless.   Having all twelve of them together would be even more so. (Was the family really that large!?   But that was including in-laws and grandkids, so it made some sense.)   Needless to say, he was a little anxious to get home, but it looked like it would have to wait till the next morning.

"Olivia, time for bed!"   Dinah called for the little girl, as 7:30 was her bedtime.

"Not without a story," Olivia come out of her room already wearing her pajamas.

Oliver's eyes widened and he covered his mouth with his hand to muffle a snicker.   

His daughter was wearing light green pajamas, that had arrow heads, that were a darker green, on them.

Dinah rolled her eye's at him.   "I'll have you know that she chose them solely on the colour."

"Then she has great tastes."   He was barely able to keep his laughter in check.

"And I have had no doubt in my mind that she inherited it from you."

He finally lost the battle over not laughing.   To his great appreciation, Dinah joined in.

"What's so funny?"   Olivia demanded.

"Nothing," her mommy waved her off.

Frowning, Olivia waited for her parents to turn their attention back to her.   "Daddy,  please read a story to me?"   She offered a book out to him.

"Sure, kid."   He took the book.   "Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? , by Carmela Coyle.   Huh, sounds like a good one."

Olivia flashed a shy smile.   "It's my favourite."

"Well then, we'd best go read it."

Oliver held Olivia's hand as they walked back to her room.   Olivia snuggled under the blankets, as her daddy sat beside her, reading the story.   He glanced up at one point and had caught a smile from Dinah, who was standing in the doorway.   His beautiful Prettybird.

At the end of the story, Dinah came all the way in.   "Good night, Olivia," she said kissing the girl's forehead.  Oliver then leaned over and kissed his golden haired princess, also on the forehead.   "Night, Olivia."

"Good night, Mommy.   Good night, Daddy."

She was already half asleep as Dinah turned out the light and they left her room.

"Daddy?"

He had pulled the door almost all the way closed when she called out.   He reopened it, and saw her sitting straight up in the bed.   He asked, "What is it Olivia?"

She bit her lip, eyes wide, and whispered, "You aren't going to leave again, are you?"

He bit the edge of his own lip.   This was it, now was the time.

"Olivia."

She looked at him.   Her fears of being left were evident on her face.

"I am never going to leave you again."