He's Back

"Owen, are you even listening?"

Owen finished his 112th push-up and got up to face his beautiful wife. He kissed her on the cheek and said "Always"

His wife, Cristina, gave him a look of disgust "When did you get so corny? What happened to the old broken, emotionally blocked, sexy soldier Owen? I liked him better"

Owen laughed, "I'm chief, you took me back and last night I had my first major surgery in months. What's not to be happy about?"

Cristina raised her thin eyebrows, "If golfing with Derek is making you all McDreamily positive like him I'll smack you both with that club, you know?"

Before Owen could respond, somebody knocked on the door.

"Who comes over to people's house at 6:30 AM?" she asked him.

"Maybe Merideth?" he suggested.

"Nah, Merideth wouldn't knock. She's got a key"

"I don't even have a key, how can she have a key to my house before I do?"

"Dude, she's my person"

Owen shrugged, it was hard to fight with that logic.

Cristina opened the door and Owen watched her face pale. "Youre-you're back!"

"Who is it Cristina?" Owen asked as he saw his wife start to tear up.

He walked over to the door and saw the last person he EVER expected to see: George O'Malley, looking alive and as healthy as can be.