15 years later...

Rose's POV

* 15 years later*

I returned back to my old house a week after our love was confessed, to gather all my things for the official move into the palace. I was accompanied by Theo, as he wished to meet Frankie, Tom and Tom and my governess. Catherine and James also came along, just because talking to them was fun.

I arrived in the carriage and stepped out, only to be immediately greeted by Frankie enveloping me into a big hug, much to Theo's unamusement as he tried to hide his face of jealousy. I then hugged Tom and Tom and all the other servants. Greeting them all with the warmest of affection as I truly loved them all.

My governess did not come to greet me, and Theo stormed up into her room to meet her. I'm not sure what happened after but I heard outraged screaming followed by Theo exiting, and informing a maid to lack her bags, as she would be leaving.

I grinned as I realised she had lost her employment here. For all the wicked things she had done to me, I felt no remorse.

I waved goodbye to all my friends and soon returned to the palace.

The wedding was held just three weeks later with Theo stating affirmatively that "there was no reason to wait because he knew his love wouldn't change." This of course, left Ilene grumbling about the little amount of time she had to prepare all the foods, but I made sure to help her as much as I could, despite the Kings complaints about me overworking myself.

As for Catherine, my dear maid and friend, I asked her for the honour of being my bridesmaid at the wedding, she gushingly accepted and took the role with pride and esteem. She also has been given the role of head seamstress, her desired career.

As for Helena and the toad faces, I never really saw them again, apart from at the wedding when Helena sourly bowed at me and I felt quite bad for snickering.

Edward, Theo's best friend became a close friend of mine also as I found him in the kitchens quite a lot, for some strange reason which I did not know. I tried to still be cautious of him, as he was notorious for being the biggest player in the entire Kingdom, the only one that could possibly rival his affairs with women being James.

It is this reason which left me so surprised when I walked down into the apple cellar to see James and Edward laughing together, placing tender, light kisses against each other and blushing shyly. I smiled, before slowly exiting the room, trying not to be heard.

It was the next day that I told Theo and we came up with a plan to send Edward on a two week long trip to an abandoned country house, with James as his only servant and companion. As it was highly treasonous for two men to have that kind of relationship, we had to keep it a secret. I hope one day the world shall be more accepting, after all the year is only 1593.

My father has returned to sea again but I no longer feel so alone without him, I have the King and Queen and my dearest Theo and I have learnt to accept that it's my father's job and he has to be away at sea for long periods at a time.

So I guess you could say that everyone is happy, well almost everyone. Things are good and only getting better by the day. Theo found the end to the story and reads it almost every week.

So this is the end, well not the end, but the part where I stop telling you of what happens, because it was just two months after this that we found out I was pregnant with you, daughter.

So this is the story of how your father and I met and how love can be found in the most peculiar of ways. How love is strong enough to conquer many things and how true love comes through laughter, and effort, not through gifts or false appreciations.

And so, as the old saying goes...
We all lived happily after.