Chapter 5

[Eva] Monday
I have been in the hospital all night. Chris's mom, Andrea Schistad, was with talking with me. We talked all night because it was the only thing keeping us sane.

Last night still haunts me. Chris got hurt because of me. I couldn't handle it.

~

Andrea left me and went to go see Chris once he as soon as he got out of surgery. I asked her to tell me how he was even though she said I could go back there with her. I just stayed in the waiting room and looked at the ground.

~

She went back there a while ago. I don't know why she hasn't came back yet. I need to see Chris. I need to know he is okay.

I started getting tired of waiting. I walked up to the desk and headed to his room. I walked in and found him asleep. His mom was no where to be found.

I sit down in the chair next to the bed and grab his hand. His hand was bruised, his face was cut, and he had a wrap around his arm where he was stabbed. I yawned from being up all night. I started to fall asleep now that I knew he was okay.

~

I couldn't move. I stood there shaking. Derek, Chris's dad, had a knife in his hand while he was holding Chris down. Chris punched him in the face trying to get him off him. Derek stabbed him in the arm he punched him with.

Chris screamed.

~

His screams wake me up. I look back at Chris who is laying in the hospital bed. Just a dream, well, last night but he was okay here. He opens his eyes and looks at me. He smiles and then he winces in pain which worries me. I stood up and got closer to him.

His mom walks in and so does his dad. I stop and look at them. I wanted to say something but I didn't. Chris moved and his grip on my hand tightened.

"Hey do you mind leaving for a moment Eva? I think they should have time to talk about what happened." Andrea said to me. I just looked at his dad.

Does she seriously think that's a good idea. The guy that attacked her son and attacked me. Why would I do that.

"Mom," Chris starts to say. He winced in pain again. "I really have nothing to say to him besides don't ever touch Eva again and I don't want him anywhere near me."
"Son..." his mom said.
"I'm not going to talk to the guy who attacked Eva and stabbed me."
"It's your father Chris not some stranger."
"He's no longer my dad." Chris says. I look at him and look back at his dad. He looks at me and looks pissed.
"Eva-" Derek starts to say.
"Don't talk to her." Chris says as he cuts of him off.
"I wanted to say one thing."
"I don't care. Leave, please." Chris says as he grabs his stomach.

[Chris]
When he left my mom yelled at me for being an ass to my dad but I didn't care. I cared that Eva was okay. She still stood there looking off in the distance.

"Eva?"

She was startled. She looks back at me and sits down.

"Yeah."
"Are you okay?"
"Your the one asking me if I was okay. How are you?" She asked.
"I'm fine I just wan to get out of here."

~

I got checked out and it was dark outside. My mom came and picks up me and Eva from the hospital. She was a little upset at me but it didn't matter to me.

~

When we got to my house Eva and I went straight to my room. I grab clothing and threw it in a bag. I grabbed other things I needed, grabbed my keys, and looked at Eva.

"Can I stay at your house?" I ask as I throw my stuff on my bed and grab her. I pull her close to me and look her in the eye.
"Of course." She says as she smiles at me.

I let go of her and walk over and grab my stuff. We walk out of my room and into the living room. I don't even say anything to my parents. I look at my mom and my dad who are cleaning my blood up off the floor.

I look over at Eva, grab her hand, and walk out the front door.

~

We get to Eva's house and she just looks at me. I don't want to explain myself. I did what I needed to do to free myself but she got hurt and she had to save me.

[Eva]
I look at Chris and open the door. The silence kills me. We get inside and we go down stairs. I am really tired and just want to sleep. I don't even care that he is in the room.

I just take off my shirt and put on my hoodie. I take off my jeans and put on my sweat pants. Once I have my pants and hoodie on he is looks at me. He walks up to me and looks hurt. He takes his hand and lifts up my hoodie. He looks at all the bruises on my stomach and drops the hoodie.

He looks pissed.

"I'm sorry. Damn it. I should have just walked you out of that house when they got home." His voice got louder. Louder than he has ever talked to me.
"Chris.."
"Eva, don't. I should have protected you better. Look at you."
"Protected me? Look at you. You got stabbed Chris!"
"That doesn't matter to me! You matter to me."
He walks closer to me and just stops. I walk closer where his chest is against mine.

"Chris I watched you get hurt. I don't want you hurt. This happened because of me." I say in a soft tone.
"Eva I am fine. But I won't ever let anything happen to you again. I can't watch you get hurt."

-
I hope you like it. It may be long but I worked ALL day on it. I know it may be intense but I tried really hard. PLEASE!!! Tell me what you think. How you fell when you read this. I really want to make sure you like it. Don't let me write crappy Chapters!

(Chris's parents names were created by @startwithbellamyblake on Instagram)

- N i c h o l e