Chapter 11

[Chris] Tuesday

They punch Eva in the stomach. I fight. I keep fighting. Nothing is working. I just want to get to her. I look at William who is looking at me. I nod hoping he is thinking of something. I look back to Eva.

"Let me go James." I look at Eva who is in a choke hold.

"Let her go! Your fight is with me not her!" I yell. I fight harder. Shoving, pushing, swinging. Nothing works.

"Actually, it doesn't matter who my fight is with. You can't do anything about it." He reaches back and pulls out a gun. He raises it to her head, "Okay, you see, you have no power right now. So if you want to save her you do what I say."

"What do you want."

He walks Eva over to a chair and has her sit down in the chair, he handcuffs her to it. He does the same to Noora. I start to worry. Why this, why now.

"What do you want?" I ask again. His guys let go of William and I. They step away from us. They walk up onto the stage where Eva and Noora are. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. I look at Eva. I don't even care what happens to me as long as she is okay.

"Okay, since my boy got hurt by one of your boys, one of mine is going to hurt you guys. You can fight, but if you do... a bullet will be put into one of their heads" he says as he grabs Eva's chin and looks her in the eyes. He let's go and looks back at me, "understood?"

"Yes. But how do we know they are safe? You guys aren't exactly known for your word." I say back. It is true. They have never kept their word.

"You will just have to trust me." He smiles. It's not a happy smile, it's an evil smile.

I look over at William who is standing right beside me. He doesn't move. He is looking at Noora. He loves her. He would stand there and take hell to keep her safe. It just makes sense. I look at Eva and don't move. I see images flash before me.

Her smile.

Her laugh.

I feel her lips on mine, from when we kissed in the rain.

I feel her skin against mine.

They flash in and out.

Then it all goes away. My skin stings. My head throbs. My face hurts. I lay on the ground as they kick me. I feel their feet against my stomach. There is more than one. I take my arms and try to protect myself. They stop. I look around and William is just standing there. He has a cut on his face but nothing more. They punch and kick him. He falls to the floor. I feel a force pick me up. I look straight at Eva. She has pain in her eyes. She is trying to get out of the chair but she can't. A punch hits me in the face, then the stomach, and then a kick hits the back of my knee. I fall to the ground.

"STOP!" Stop!" Eva yells as tears run down her face.

Another punch hits my face. I hit the ground. I feel blood in my face. I look up to where Eva is and just lay there. Tears are running down her face. She is fighting more. I sit up. To look at where William is. He isn't fighting back but he isn't taking shit like I am. I somewhat get up. I look at Eva whose gaze is looking to someone behind me. I turn around and block his hit. He tries again and again. He takes his elbow and drives it into my stomach and his gist hits my face. I shutter backwards into another guy who throws me to the ground. I hear crying. I look over to find William on the floor, he isn't moving. I look back to Noora who is crying, Eva is as well. I get up and tackle the guy that attacked William. I sat on top of him punching. He stops moving after four or five hits. I get up and all the guys are gone accept James. The gun up to Eva's head. He cocks it.

"Don't do this!" I yell, "Don't you do this. You got what you wanted. Just leave."

My heart pounds. I look at him and he lowers it. I just look at Eva. He throws a key at me. I catch it and he runs. I run up to Eva, I wipe the tears off her face. I get where I can unlock the handcuffs and unlock Noora's handcuffs as well. Noora runs to where William lays.

I look at Eva. Tears still coming out of her face. She runs up to me and throws her arms around me. I hug her back. I nuzzle my face into her neck. I sigh in relief. She steps back and look at me. I smile back as I wipe the tears off her face again.

"It's okay. Please stop crying."

I grab and pull her closer to me. I wrap my arms around her. I look over to Noora who has William back on her feet. 

Hey. Sorry for the short, late chapter. I will get my shit together and post more. If you have anything you would want to see in this fan fiction tell me. I would love to hear your ideas!

~N i c h o l e