two | unsteady

here is chapter two! eekee! im really excited about this revamped story! :D let me know what you think!

CHAPTER TWO

unsteady

Images of the mysterious man that had quite literally swept Briar Rose off her feet racked through her brain. He couldn't have been - no. She shook the silly thought from her head, because if he was he wouldn't have saved her. Yup, if it was infact who she thought it was she would have been in pieces, scattered dead somewhere in the forest. So it couldn't have been, could it?

As Briar absentmindedly approached her town she was surprised to see it alive and roaring louder than she'd ever heard. About ten men stood in the town square, torches at the ready with none other than Briar Rose's father at the center of it all. She entered the town stumbling, still tired and very shaken up from the crazy ordeal.

"Briar Rose!" A harsh tone called out, causing her to flinch away. "Oh honey!" Her father shouted again, racing towards her and embracing her in a grizzly bear hug.

"Dad? Whats going on - what's all the ruckus about?" She questioned, not liking how everyone was ogling her. Quickly, a new figure appeared behind Rose's father, and out of all the people that lived in the small town it had to be none other than Klaus.

Klaus and Rose had grown up together side by side. In their town, history and the maintenance of order was top priority and both of their fathers were on the Founders committee. His father was the youngest founders grandchild, where Rose's grandfather had been his best friend. Their families had been colleagues for generations, and Klaus didn't seem to want that to end with them.

For years it had been obvious that Klaus had been smitten with Briar but she had never paid much mind to him. When they had attended the meetings with their fathers he would always make a point to reserve the seat next to her for himself. But Briar had never had a boyfriend before, infact, the need for one had never even thought about having one. Which, for her small town; was fairly odd.

The town of Griffin, South Carolina wasn't your everyday run of the mill small town. After the incident with the Lupus the last remaining founder decided that it was best for the people of his town to be cut off from the world. He claimed it was because the rest of the world was cruel and unforgiving, but it didn't take a genius to figure out the real reason.

Griffin was situated in a clearing in the middle of Dark Woods Forest. The very forest that the beast called home. The brooke surrounded three sides of the town, and the only way to enter or exit Griffin was a dark path known as Devil's Curve. Countless numbers of people had gone missing along the trail. Reports of the monster itself mauling anyone stupid enough to try to escape Griffin.

The only way to ship supplies of goods and currency into the town was a truck that would venture twice a month at early dawn from a neighboring town over twenty miles north of Griffin. It was a long journey, but no one ever coming into the town was ever hurt, or had even reported seeing some kind of flesh eating wolf beast. It seemed that the beast, if there even was one, only ever hurt the residents that had been a part of Griffen since its establishments.

Over one hundred new settlers had for some reason that was well beyond Briar, moved to Griffin in the past seventy five years and not a single one of them had been harmed for coming or going.

Briars mother and little brother on the other hand; hadn't been granted that luxury.

Both of them had been murdered in cold blood; and not once did anyone attempt to search for their murders. Instead they instantly blamed it on a mythological creature that was nothing more than fiction. That fact alone caused Rose's blood to boil, and to top it off her father hadn't even blinked an eye. As soon as they never returned home he didn't even bother searching for their bodies. He just left them both in the middle of the Dark Wood to decompose into the forest floor.