Kagehina part 2

A/N: continuation from the last Kagehina fic.

Cars shouted and complained as drivers drove them past the gas station. Birds chirped and sang happily from the trees close by. The sky had a lovely orange color. When Hinata was young, he thought the sky was burning whenever it looked like this. He always refused to go out at this time of the day, until it became a problem and his mother had to force him out of the house. He would hide in their basement until he thought it was safe. His father knew about this and sometimes came outside to hand him a cold coke with a gentle smile on his face. 

Hinata loved his father. A lot.

His fear of the sky being on fire disappeared because of his father too. He remembers it well. He was hiding in the corner of their basement, waiting until it was safe to go back inside, when his father knocked on the door. His eyes became hopeful as he ran to the door and opened it. His father was smiling happily with a can of coke and a straw in his hand. He handed the liquid to Hinata and entered the warm basement with him. 

"Maybe it's time to return inside, shorty?" His father asked and plopped down onto the dusty floor. Hinata pouted at the "shorty" name. He knew his father meant it well, he had always called Hinata that as a pet name. 

"The sky is still on fire" He answered and took a sip. The cold liquid on his tongue made him smile with happiness. He had waited for his father to come home from work all day. The old man scratched the grey hairs curling on his head and leaned back, staring up at a crack beside the door. 

"The sky is on fire, eh?" He waited a few seconds before continuing, "To me, it looks more like a bunch of rose petals are dancing across the sky. The wind is dragging them all over, painting the usually blue canvas red". 

This confused Hinata a lot. His father always had a poetic way of looking at things. But for some weird reason, the next day, he wasn't scared anymore. The problem had vanished, carried away with the wind. 

------------

Hinata sometimes missed those times when he would wait for his father to hand him a can of cold coke, when he would run for his life down to his basement so that he wouldn't be burned alive. His mother was flabbergasted when she found out about this change in Hinata, but decided to not question it further. 

He stood outside the gas station, staring up at the familiar sky. The sun was setting, casting a glow over everything alive. 

"You're late!" A male with a deep voice shouted from beside the trash can. Smoke rose from his thick lips. A few of his other comrades stood beside him, reading a magazine that Hinata could not read the cover off. He gulped before walking up to them, tightening his fist, unfortunately making himself bleed. 

Sorry. I got caught up with something," He mumbled. The other boys laughed and punched each other on the shoulders as they pointed at different images on the magazine. Hinata wore a school bag that hung over his right shoulder. Slowly, he sat down and placed it on the ground to open it. His hand shook as he grew more nervous. He retrieved the content inside and looked up at the team leader, before handing him the photos he had taken the previous week. The older teen looked through them, his expression unreadable. A clock ticked in Hinatas head as his anxiety grew, his heart pounded faster with each picture he looked at. 

"You actually think this is enough!?" He shouted and handed them to one of his friends. 

Hinatas hands were sweaty, making him drag them across his sweater.

"Are they not to your liking?" He asked, doing everything he could not to stammer. 

The older teen scratched the stubble growing on his chin. 

"Of course they aren't, are you even trying. I told you to take as many pictures as possible of our teacher while she was having an intimate relationship with that other history teacher. How can we blackmail her like this?" He spoke in a grumpy voice. 

Hinata couldn't fathom how this was not enough. He had taken at least twenty pictures. Before he could notice, someone grabbed his hair, making him wince. 

"Agh...!" He said, but someone muffled his voice by covering his mouth with their hand.

He knew better than to struggle, but the panic rising in him was hard to control. It was obvious to him what would come, but he was not used to it. He almost wished he would be to ease the pain. 

In the corner of his eyes, he saw one of the guys light a lighter, smiling a sly grin. Hinata thought he would faint there and then. The male with the lighter moved closer. He smiled like Dracula. 

"Hey?!" Someone shouted. Everyone stilled, especially Hinata who recognized the voice even though he was turned away from it. Kageyama? he thought.

"Scram, kid!" The leader shouted, paying the newcomer no mind. Hinata heard nothing for a few slow seconds, not until Kageyama said slowly, "Yeah, hey, there are some guys that look like gang members harassing a kid near a gas station". 

The leader's eyes widened, "You aren't talking to the police into that phone, are you!?". 

Kageyama kept mumbling, probably into the phone. Hinata could not see what was happening, but knew well what Kageyamas plan was. 

The other boys stared nervously at each other when Kageyama didn't answer them. 

"Let's go" The leader said and walked away as nothing had happened. The other followed confused after. When the one who stood behind Hinata released him, he fell down onto the ground, coughing. Tears fell down from his eyes. He was both relieved and scared. 

He felt Kageyama hug him from behind and immediately felt a thousand times more comfortable. He appreciated the fact that Kageyama didn't ask about the situation, he didn't think he could talk about it at this moment, but probably in the near future. Kageyama probably understood. He had asked Hinata about his wounds a thousand times throughout these past months. 

The raven haired male pulled back and reached for Hinatas hand, smiling gently at him. 

"We should probably go, the sun is setting" 

Hinata only nodded and gave him a faint smile as a respond. 

They walked together down the street, hand in hand. 

"I love it when it looks like the sky is one big red flower" Kageyama said happily and gazed at the scenery in front of them. 

"huh?" Hinata asked, his eyes slowly widening as he remembered his fathers words from when he was young. 

"huh?" Kageyema looked down at him, then grinned and ruffled his hair. 

"Nothing special". 

A/N: Finally the chapter is out! I really struggled finding out how to make it. I am happy with it though. 

Oh, and...

 I just got snapchat! (I am really late to the party...) . I am working on a bunch of long projects and if you have any interest at all (even if it's only 1%), then I will give a few "updates" there sometimes. Also follow me if U want to be friends 🙂 (not awkward at all)

Snapchat: mirvine100

See u next chapter.