Prologue

Leslie has no idea what she was doing in this hotel room, on this night, when every feeling in her body told her to go home. The excuses to remain there kept coming to her head, keeping her sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting for him to return.

"This is what you have wanted since you were in high school..."

"Why should you deny yourself..."

"This might be your only chance..."

She honestly couldn't believe he asked her out in the first place. It was a happenstance meeting at the coffee shop on Sunday that led to this evening. The small talk over coffee, the flirty texts throughout the week, the crazy dress that she would never buy, let alone wear, and too much champagne is why she was here tonight.

She stood up and looked in the mirror. Her tight black dress was showing off her cleavage a bit too much for her liking, but it was necessary. She had to entice him if this was going to happen. She isn't that nerd she was back in high school. The last ten years have been good to her. She started to work out on a daily basis, her acne finally cleared up, she got LASIK surgery so she could finally let her deep brown eyes out from behind her glasses...this is who she wanted to be her entire life...

Her strawberry blond hair fell off of her shoulders, and she readjusted it slightly, the curls falling down perfectly. Her hair is what he said he liked most about her. She couldn't argue, she always loved her hair. It was her best feature. She spent over an hour on it alone for tonight, just so she could impress him.

She tugged down at her dress a little bit; making sure it was still short, but not too short. The thoughts started to come to her head again, this time, telling her to leave.

"He was so mean to you, why are you here..."

"He made you do all the work when you were partners and took all the credit..."

"You were never worthy of his time..."

She started to get nervous again. Spinning around the room, she saw the mini bar and opened it up. She didn't even look at the bottle that she chose, just open it up and drank as fast as she could. He would be back any minute. She had to make a decision. Whatever she chose, would change her entire life as she knew it. Deep in her thoughts, she didn't hear the buzz of the key card and the door open...