Chapter |

So I've recently been falling into Klance hell as I'm waiting for season two to come out...

Edit: Now season three boi

2nd edit: oml season three had me in questions.

I've also read many Fanficions and I happened to stumble across 'What a Healing Pod Can't Fix' I believe it's called. So an idea came to my head and I had to begin writing.

My idea is based off of What a Healing Pod Can't Fix and there will be similar things, but this story's plot is different.
Also, I'm sorry. I can't do emotions real well, so I'll try my best.
Enjoy the fanfic!

-QueenofthisShip

(I've rewritten this chapter at least two or more times, hopefully it'll show the characters emotions)

___________________________________________

Chapter |

Opening his eyes, Keith found himself in a small combined space. Panic flooded through him as he shot up from the rather uncomfortable bed, only to find himself in his bed. He wiped off the sweat from his forehead and took a deep breath as he calmed himself from his panic. However, as he moved to get out of his bed, sharp pain pierced his chest and his head. He rested his head in his hands as he groaned and took a moment to process why he was pain.

Why was he in pain? He didn't remember, so he carefully stood from his bed and carefully guided himself to the door as he head was still hurting and he was unsure if was going to collapse when he felt his legs wobble. However, he was able to get to the door before it automatically opened. He stood at the opened doorway and looked out in the hallway where he expected to find his teammates wondering, however, he saw no one.

Where are they? Keith questioned himself as he moved to the side of the hallway and began his long way to the control room. If they weren't there, Keith didn't know where they were. Carefully and slowly Keith went the maze of a castle, before he came to the control room, where he stood at the door, afraid that if he went in, he wouldn't find his friends. He gulped, before took a step where the door opened and Keith stood at the open doorway. Heads turned, eyes wide at who had come into the room.

"Keith!"

He heard Pidge's screech and in one quick motion, he was almost knocked to ground as the small girl collided with him. Soon Keith found himself surrounded by his teammates, Allura and Coran. He found himself to be worried by the looks they had in their eyes as they began to scold Pidge. He had no idea why they were like this. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Blinking several times, Keith opened his mouth again but nothing came out. Panic flooded through him once more as he tried several more times to get his voice to work. As he struggled to grasp the situation, Shiro gently placed a hand on Keith's shoulder, Hunk did the same and Pidge held onto Keith's sleeve.

"I'm sorry," Shiro was the first to speak, "we've tried everything to save your voice."

Keith turned his attention to Shiro. He wanted to yell at Shiro, yell at the others, do something to show his now rising anger. They didn't both to put him in a healing pod? Allura had stood off to the side since he had had come in, however, Keith saw her come over.

"I'm truly sorry Keith," she began, sincerity in her voice as she spoke, "our healing pods haven't been working since the Wormhole Incident and we've been able to keep you alive with what we had. It wasn't easy."

Keith opened his mouth to reply, but quickly shut it as he knew his voice wouldn't come out. Allura gave him the tiniest smile, before she gently pat his head.

"I am truly sorry Keith, I wish we've done better."

Keith's tense shoulders, from his anger, dropped as his throat tightened up, almost as if he was going to cry. He was given hugs from his teammates as they saw his obvious frustration and grief of the loss of his voice. Keith accepted the hugs wholeheartedly, but at that moment, he realized someone was missing. His eyes immediately traveled the room, looking the blue paladin. He became concerned when he saw that Lance wasn't to be found. He was about to turn to Shiro, but his attention went to the hologram screen. On the screen showed Lance, who was wearing his suit, blood was stained on Lance's visor and on little bit of white of his chest plate. Keith's eyes widened and in a small panic of not knowing what to do, he pointed at the screen. Shiro noticed and then was at his side again.

"Keith you need to get some rest," he said, gently pushing him towards the door.

Keith fought against Shiro's hands, as he knew they were keeping something from him. But in his weakened state, Shiro was able to easily push Keith out of the control room and into the hallway where he guided Keith to his room.

"Keith, don't worry we have this under control," Shiro said, "you focus on healing."

Keith turned on Shiro, desperately trying to shout words at him, which only confused Shiro. The older paladin stared at him, before he began to gently began to lead Keith towards his room again.

"I'll explain it to you later," Shiro promised, "just get some rest."

The older paladin turned to the door, in response the door opened, and he pushed Keith into the room. When he saw his bed, Keith never knew how tired actually was, so he allowed himself to get in bed, where he immediately closed his eyes, falling asleep.