Chapter VIII

As Keith raced to the castles entrance, his heart skipped multiple beats, but with every step, he felt so happy. Lance was finally home! When he came to the the entrance, he could hear the other footsteps coming after him. Even though he was extremely happy, he waited. Together they would all greet Lance, welcome him home.

Shiro was the first to come to Keith's side, but everyone else was right on the black paladins tail and stood with Keith seconds after. Keith's heart jumped all around in his chest as he took a few steps for the door, which opened when he came to a stop. Slowly but surely, sunlight came through from under the door as it slid up, thick brown dust moving inside the castle. Once Keith was able to fit under the door, he moved forward into the clearing dust, the other following.

His heart pounded in his chest as the dust moved to reveal the giant face of the lion. But. Keith's heart sank, but his mind began to question everything.

The lion wasn't Blue, rather is was purple.

He immediately turned to Allura, which everyone was doing now. It was all clear that everyone was silently questioning her, but by her expression, she was just as confused.

Keith was about to say something before a loud cracking sound came from the purple lion, causing ever head to look. The lions mouth opened, a little walk way moving down, similar to their own lions. A figure moved down the walkway, but from was Keith could see, whoever it was, was having a hard time doing so. But, something in his heart tugged on him and before he knew it, Keith was making his way over the purple lion.

"Keith!" It was Shiro calling him back, but Keith ignored him.

He came closer to the lion and to the figure that was now leaning against the lions bottom lip. Everything was screaming at Keith to turn back, but his heart kept going, making his move closer. But as he came into clear view of this thing, he stopped dead in his tracks.

The pilot of this lion was Galra.

Keith's body tensed up, his hand moving to grab his knife if needed to. But Keith was quiet as he watched the Galra gently rub its hand along the lip, almost like anyone would do to a real cat, yet it was whispering words to the lion. Keith narrowed his eyes at the Galra.

"Get some rest Violet..." he said, before he finally turned his to Keith.

"Red Paladin... I come to return what belongs to you..."

Keith could only stare and question what this Galra's intentions were, yet, nothing about this Galra screamed evil as him. His already tense body seemed to relax somewhat. But as Keith was going to say anything, he realized that the Galra was hurt. From where was standing, he could see that the Galra had a cut or something worse as the he was holding his side. One of his arms were limp and was bleeding badly.

Your hurt. Keith said.

The Galra raised a brow at Keith but he seemed to understand. Keith's heart tugged on him again and he kneeled down.

Look, I have no idea what you are talking about, Keith said, but you are hurt. After you healed, we can talk.

The Galra stared at him, but gave a little nod in a small agreement. Keith then carefully moved to help the Galra stand up, gently put the limp arm his shoulder, trying to support the smaller boy. As soon as he did so, he looked at the others before he carefully moved towards them. Shiro was the first to move towards Keith, possibly to help, but when he realized that Keith had a Galra, he stopped, his brows raised.

Don't just stand there. Keith snapped his head at Shiro. Perhaps he came off as furious as he watched the black paladin flinch. But much to Keith's surprise, Shiro moved to help the Galra, which when Keith looked at him has passed out. Together, the two carefully made their way to the castle, successfully avoiding Allura and headed into the castle.

-----------

Keith's eyes narrowed as he stared at the jacket that was hanging near the pod. Although it had a good amount of dirt and blood on it, Keith could easily tell who's it was.

It was Lance's jacket.

He didn't notice it as first, but the Galra had worn the jacket the entire time. Questions rose and Keith's temper quickly rose as well. With the Galra in the pod and possibly for a long time, Keith needed to let his temper out somehow. He turned to the others who stood a ways away, talking to each other. Shiro noticed Keith and used his hand to gesture for him to join them, so Keith did.

"Did he say anything to you?" Shiro asked as Keith stood next to him.

Nothing much, only that he came to give back was rightfully mine. Keith said, his eyes moving to look at Allura, who had a disgusted look on her face, yet she seemed interested as well.

"The lion-"

Violet, that's the lions name. Keith interrupted Pidge, who glared at him right away. And yes, it's possible that he came to give back the lion. Although... Allura, you never said anything about a purple lion.

"There is no purple lion," Allura answered, "I mean there is now... But my father never mentioned a purple lion, just the five."

Keith moved a hand to his chin in a thinking way. Whatever the case is, he's the only one that knows. Keith gestures to the Galra.

"So we wait for him to wake up," Pidge spoke up, "then what? We just let him come out and talk and walk around? We can't trust him."

He could've easily hurt me, even if he was hurt, Keith said, looking at the green paladin, yet he didn't. Nothing about him told me that he wanted to hurt me.

Pidge looked at him, arms folded across her chest, "and you're sure about this?"

Keith narrowed his eyes at her, his temper coming again. He may be Galra, but he WILL not hurt us.

Everything was telling Keith to keep the Galra from harm. He may be giving into what he was feeling, yet he was only interested to know why the Galra had Lance's jacket. The look in Pidge's eyes told Keith that she didn't trust his judgement, but Keith held her gaze, trying to get his point across.

"I agree with Keith," Shiro said, "we have no idea why he has a lion or why he came to us rather than the empire. We should wait until he wakes up and question him."

Slowly, the other paladins nodded in agreement. Allura was hesitant, but she nodded as well.

"Then it is settled. Keith, I know this a lot to ask, but you should be the one he sees when he wakes up," Shiro turned to him.

Keith looked at Shiro and then gave a nod. No, I understand. I was the one he saw first and he'll probably trust me more than anyone else.

Shiro gave a nod and then pat Keith's shoulder, "call us when he wakes up."

With a nod, Keith watched the others turn to leave, leaving he and the Galra alone. Keith turned to him, yet his eyes landed on the Lance's jacket. His heart fell, but he moved to sit, his gaze still on the jacket.

We were so close... he thought. So close to getting Lance back.

What did I do to deserve this?

———————————

:^)

-Queenofthisship

———————————