Chapter XIII

Keith gave a small groan as he opened an eye. He found himself in a familiar yet dark room. The only memory he could think of was Amor telling he should sleep and Keith must've did just that. Although, when Keith sat up, he wasn't expecting to see Amor at the end of his bed, leaned against the wall. It was clear that the Galra had fallen asleep watching over Keith.

Saying that he was surprised that Amor was there would've been an understatement. He knew how much Amor was trying to be a good friend and was trying to prove to the others that he was trustworthy. Keith couldn't help but to smile and then moved to where Amor was. He gently ran his hand through Amor's hair, ruffling it gently to try and wake him up. It seem to do the trick. Amor opened his eyes, yet didn't move to show that he didn't like what Keith was doing.

"I see that you're awake," Amor gave a small yawn, his hand moving to rub the sleep out of him.

Of course. Keith said smiling as he sat with his legs over the edge of the bed. Although, Keith became concerned when he saw that Amor's cheek had a bandage over it. What happened?

Amor blinked and then just smiled, "I went to train while you slept. The gladiator was rather easy, yet it still managed to get me."

Keith raised a brow. He knew that Amor told them that he was already trained in fighting, yet something seemed off. It was almost like Amor was trying to keep something from him. It made Keith on edge, yet he figured Amor was like anyone else and had secrets of his own.

I see. The gladiator sure is something. Keith said, smiling, did anyone call for a meeting or to get ready to leave?

"No, not since we left," Amor told him, "but I'm sure the Green Paladin is cracking the last bit of the puzzle as we speak."

Keith gave a nod and then stood to stretch, the lights coming on as he did. Amor was watching him, which Keith quickly noticed. He was about to say something before he was distracted. Instead of his normal jacket, Keith was dressed in Lance's obviously larger jacket.

"You put it on the moment you entered your room," Amor said smiling, "and you say I look good in it."

Keith's face flushed red and he turned on Amor, but you do! I wasn't lying!

Amor gave a chuckle and then stood up as well, "I know. You're honest as far as I can tell."

Keith's now intense stare seemed to make Amor uncomfortable, yet the blush that was still on his face was what kept Amor with him still. Amor slipped off the bed, smiling before he looked at the door, his ears were moving like he was hearing.

"We should head to the command room," he said, "Allura is about to call for a meeting."

Keith blinked, but didn't question. Amor was smart and he was easily trustable. Alright. But before we do that. Keith began to shuffle off the jacket, I'll give this back.

"Are you sure you don't want to keep it?" Amor asked, his eyes moving from jacket to Keith.

The others don't need to know. Keith replied. Amor continued to stare between the two objects before he took the jacket.

"You can't hide it forever," he said, "your teammates, they're smart, they'll figure it out eventually."

Keith began to say something before Allura's voice came over the speakers, calling everyone for a meeting. Keith looked up to the ceiling as she said so before he looked over at Amor, placing the jacket in his hands.

Keep it. He said smiling before he grabbed his own jacket before he headed out into the hallway, Amor following.

----------------

"With the help of Pidge, we've been able to find the planet that Lance is currently residing on," Allura spoke up, "although we've picked up a few large objects leaving its atmosphere."

"Meaning?" Shiro questioned, looking between Pidge and Allura.

"It means Lance's friends have built themselves ships and are moving out," Pidge pushed her glasses up.

"And if their moving," Amor spoke up, "their getting ready to fight Zarkon."

Pidge gave a nod in agreement with the Galra. Keith looked over to the screen where the images of a couple of ships, a large one following were on loop. With his heart pounding in his chest knowing that this was their chance to finally get Lance back.

We should go. Keith said, Lance will be with them, we can stop them.

Heads turned to him, brows raised in a sort of shock like state as they all stared at him.

"We can't rush in," Shiro told him, "if Lance truly believes he's the only one that can bring down Zarkon, seeing the lions may cause him to turn on us. We'll have to plan this out."

Keith felt a storm of anger swirl in the pit of his stomach. He was not going to let the chance to get Lance back disappear again.

Plan all you want, it won't get him back any sooner. Keith then turned towards the door, I'm not wasting anymore time, I'm getting him back.

"Keith," Shiro's voice rose in a warning as he had quickly moved across to room and stop Keith, "you need to-"

Shiro don't get in my way! Keith snapped at him, the black paladin shutting his month his eyes narrowed. I lost him once, I'm not letting it happen again.

The room was silent until footsteps came closer to the two of them and a gently hand was laid in Keith's shoulder.

"I'll go with him Black Paladin."

Amor. Keith glanced over at his friend before staring back at Shiro. The black paladin looked between the two before he gave a sigh.

"I can't stop you," he said, "but you can go, keep Amor close and don't rush in. We'll come when we've come with a plan."

Keith gave a quick nod before he raced past Shiro and towards the door, Amor following him until Allura had called him back. Keith didn't question why she did, he just continued his path to where his lion was waiting.

Once he was seated in his lion, he pulled on the lever to make her fly out of her hanger. As he came out of the castle, he slowed Red's speed to wait for Amor who came out a couple of ticks later.

:: Alright, lets go :: Amor spoke through the com link, a screen popping up in Red showing Amor.

Keith was surprised when he saw Amor in paladin armor, his color ironically purple. Keith smiled and gave a nod, pushing the lever so the Red would take off flying towards the planet were Lance was leaving from.

He just hoped he'd get there on time.

———————————

OML I'm back! I do hope y'all will forgive me for being away for awhile!

-Queenofthisship

———————————