Chapter One

I stand outside of my best friend's classroom, waiting for her teacher to dismiss her class out for Lunch. I could see one of the popular boys walking down the hallway towards me, making sure that I don't make eye contact with him.

When he walked passed the wooden class door, he stopped in his tracks in front of me, glaring into my boring green eyes with his emerald green ones.

"Olivia Jane Joyce..." He starts.

"What do you want, Harry?" I ask.

"Since the school's winter dance is-" I interrupt him with a sudden "No."

"C'mon Olly." Harry teased.

"Don't call me that." I snap.

"Alright. How about, me, you, school dance?"

"Why choose me over other pretty, stunning girls? And go with Victoria, she'd be perfect for you."

"Victoria is mean and bitc-" I interrupt Harry again, "Like you."

"Anyways, just please say yes." Harry begs, like he was some lost puppy begging for food. "I'm not going anyways."

"Fine, I'll ask your best friend."

"She's already taken." I state.

"With?"

"Zayn." I say smiling.

I knew Zayn and Harry were like arch enemies, and that they fought over the most silliest matters.

"Alright, we'll see." Harry whispers into my ear, tucking a strand of my medium brown hair behind my ear, then walking off down the school's hallway.

The hallways were covered with black lockers along the side, standing out from white walls that covered our hallways, and with wooden floorboards stretching out vertically along the floor until it hit a classroom, then another one.

At last, my best friend gets dismissed from her class, all of the students rush out for lunch, leaving Lisa the last one out.

"You waited for me?" Lisa asks.

"Yeah. What of it?" I reply.

"I don't know..."

"What's wrong?"

We stop in the busy hallway, while other students and teachers bustle around us.

"Can we go somewhere else?" Lisa suggests.

I grab her wrist with my small hands, they could just wrap around her wrist, and Lisa was the average size for a 17 year old, curvy, long light brown hair, bright blue eyes, and being just a bit taller than me. I lead her out onto the school grounds, where there were tall pine trees covering a small bit of land, I drag her through the tall pine trees and set her down onto an old tree stump.

"Now tell me." I say.

"I'm not sure now..." Lisa answers.

"Tell me now, please. I'm trying to help you out."

"What if you can't?" Lisa doubts.

"Is it about Zayn? Did he ask another girl to the school dance?"

"Kind of. No. It's not. It's my classes... I'm failing. Three out of four of my teachers told me that I'm failing and I won't pass, they said it's impossible to pass now." Lisa explains, with tears in her eyes, ready to spill out at any minute.

I knew how much school was important to her, she would only go to special events held by our school, that's when she could take a break from all of the hard work she was given from the teachers, and even her parents.

"I'll help you." I say.

"You don't even pay attention in class. Besides, you do easier classes." Lisa states.

"I pay enough attention to pass. And I know I have it easier than you. But how are you failing though? If I'm passing, and you're failing... That isn't you."

"I've been staying up all night to study, but then I end up falling asleep during class."

"Forget about the studying. Or do it straight after school, I can help."

"Alright." Lisa says slowly.

"We'll start this afternoon." I answer back.

There was silence for a bit.

"Did you hear that?" Lisa says.

"The rustling sound?" I reply.

"Yeah."

It stopped. Then it happened again. Hearing footsteps, stepping on the fallen pine cones and dry leaves covering along the ground.

"Hello ladies." A husky voice sounds from behind us.

"Harry? What are you doing here? Don't you have to go and be popular, attract pretty girls, do rebellious stuff?" Speaks Lisa.

"I get the ladies, Zayn does all of the rebellious stuff."

"Wait..." I pause, for a silent second, "Has the bell gone yet?"

Lisa pulls out her phone, checking the time, reading '1:30pm'.

"Shit... We're five minutes late!" Lisa says.

"We got to go." I say before taking a step away from Harry, Harry grabs my arm and pulls me close towards him. Lisa stops in her tracks, "C'mon Olivia! We have to go!" She shouts.

"I'll be there in a min." I shout back.

There was silence to hear nothing, nothing at all. It was a bit awkward.

"Why do you want me?" I say.

"So... You have a ballet thing on, on that night? Correct?"

"Yeah. I actually do. We're performing at the local performance centre. I can go if I want, but I want to do this ballet performance." I explain.

"Fair enough." Harry says, letting go of my arm and walking further into the mini woods we had at our school. As I run off back to class, I could hear my feet crumpling on the dry leaves as I continue my way back to class.