J. Daniel Atlas (1)

Movie: Now You See Me 2

Also, I know, the dialogue is a bit messed up, but I feel like it still works. If it's a real problem, tell me and I'll fix it!

The tension on the plane was high. I kept looking between Dylan, our leader, and Daniel, my boyfriend.

It really started, for me, when Dylan intoduced me to the Horsemen alongside Lula. The two of us had been friends for a long time, since before either of us could remember.

At first, the Horsemen seemed sceptical. Jack was upset because he wanted to be back onstage, which Lula had...interesting comments about. Daniel seemed to show the sort of 'control freak' side of him that everyone always talks about. Merritt didn't seem as bothered by it, merely made a small addition to the conversation about adding 'feminity' to the group.

New Year's Eve, we were on a plane owned by Walter and Arthur, where Walter was asking for the stick.

Everyone looked at Dylan. He was silent a moment, before a small "No" left his lips.

Walter looked at two men. "Start with the girls." The men nodded, each holding a knife to mine and Lula's necks. We bothed yelped, scaredly. Being stabbed in the throat was not a part of the plan.

Both Daniel and Jack stood, but more men held them back.

"Danny, give him the card," Lula said. He shook his head.

"Danny come on," Jack tried. Still nothing.

"Danny..." I whimpered, voice cracking. Our eyes met, and I saw him break.

With a flick of his hand, he was holding the stick out to one of the men. As he took it, the others removed their knives and shoved the boys into their seats.

Carefully, I set my hand on Daniel's knee. I felt his own hand cover mine.

"I owe you guys and apology," Dylan started as Walter ran a check on the card.

With that very statement, arguement rang out between the other Horsemen. Everyone was yelling, angry at each other.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I must say congratulations," Walter spoke up, shutting us down, "and thank you." He looked at Arthur. "It's real."

I looked at Dylan. "Real?" I heard myself say.

"Did you say it's real?" rang through all the Horsemen.

Walter just looked at his men. "Bring them through." We were all lifted and brought to stand around Arthur and Walter's table.

"The most expensive bottle of wine on the planet," Arthur bragged. "$1.2 million. I saved it just for the occasion."

"Honestly," Merrit spoke, "same bottle, Liquor Shack, 700k."

"You got what you wanted," Dylan said. "Are you gonna let us go?"

"Knowing all that you know about? No," Walter replied. He looked at Chase. "What should we do?"

Chae grinned evilly. "Toss 'em out." At that, he hit a button, opening the door to the plane.

They started with Merritt.

"I came into this world with the wrong family," he yelled, "but I'm leaving with the right one! I love you guys!"

"This is how I kicked you out of the womb," Chase morbidly joked as he kicked Merritt.

"Merritt!" I screamed as he was pushed out of the plane.

Next was Lula.

"Lula, no!" Jack and I yelled, to no avail.

Then it was Jack, then it was Dylan.

Then it was me.

I looked at Daniel. "Danny!" I screamed, trying to grab his hand.

"(Y/N)!" he shouted, doing the same.

I was shoved out of the plane, landing on a mat with a giggle.

Daniel was thrown out not long after. He landed atop me.

I looked up at his smiling face. "Is this how you greet all the ladies?" I joked.

"Only a select few," he returned, kissing me lightly. Moments later, he pulled apart, standing and helping me up.

He led us over to the windows where, with Dyaln's signal, we peeked our heads in the windows grinning.

I stepped onto the plane wing with Daniel as the sides of the 'hanger' dropped.

As Walter and the others came out and the magic was explained, I couldn't stop looking at Daniel, marvelling at how we pulled it off.

Finally, the talking was finished. I grabbed Daniel's arm as the crowd shouted.

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"

I pulled his scarf down so that he kissed me.

"Happy New Year's!"

He wrapped his arms around my waist, releasing the kiss to grin at me.

"Happy New Year's, Danny," I whispered, glad that our mics had gone off.

"Happy New Years," he said back.

"Do you still hate adding two more members to the Horsemen?" I asked.
He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know why I would, bec-"

"Because you're a control freak?" I tried, just to annoy him.

He frowned. "Come on, that's not t-"

"That is so true, Danny," I snorted, the playful banter going back and forth until the others reminded us that we had to leave quickly.