2

"calum thomas hood! tell me the meaning of this article?" his mother slammed down the newspaper, furious.

"i-its nothing. it's just an article!" calum was scared, his mom was never this angry.

"just an article? just an article that's going to ruin my goddamn career! get out of my house, you fag." calum's mom pushed him out of his house, and shoved him down the steps.

calum got up, he couldn't let her win. he started walking to michael's house, trying to avoid people.

"hey! calum! heard you got fucking beat by your mom!" calum was sweating. ashton, of course there's ashton.

calum was picked up by the hood of his jacket, and heard it rip off. he was shove to the ground. "what did i tell you, fag! don't tell on me!" ashton separated each word with a punch. calum felt blood run down his face. he saw luke standing, watching.

ashton kept beating, hurting, kicking. but all calum cared about was michael. was michael okay? was he hurt? he hoped not.

ashton picked up calum's head. "pay attention to me, cock sucker. ashton slammed calum's head on the concrete, over and over and over.

until calum couldn't see, everything was foggy, sound and sight and head.

he heard ashton walk away, and luke call
911. he heard cars and sirens. he felt himself be picked up. he felt himself being moved.

but he couldn't think about anything but michael.