2

"ashton's going to jail for attempted murder, you know? and luke isn't, he helped save you so he might just get probation if he testifies against ashton. it's good, you fixed it. you just need to wake up okay?" calum heard michael's
voice was shaky, and he knew he wasn't waking up.

his mind worked, but his body wouldn't. he could feel himself losing a race against time, a race where he would lose.

he was torn, stay alive as long as possible, or just die? should he just let michael go on with his life? why the fuck did he have to do this?

but he knew what he had to do, he had to die. he needed michael to live his life with someone who wasn't a just a thinking dead body.

he tried to say i love you, he needed michael to know. he felt michael's head grip his tighter.

"hey! he talked! hey!" michael shouted. calum felt michael stand up. "i love you too, just a minute okay?"

calum heard michael leave. he let go. he heard the beeping of his machine, and he heard people rush in. he heard michael sobbing, and crying for him to keep living. he won't know that he's doing this for him.

calum just wants michael to know he loves him, and that it's okay.

goodbye, my love. calum drifted away into nothingness.

"long live love, even after death shall thy become."

and nothing become after calum was gone.