Chapter 4

Megan's pov:

"Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan and Miss. Black, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you can make of them now!"

Lockhart yells while flinging open the cage. Instantly, the pixies rocket about, spraying students with ink bottles, breaking breakers and shredding books. I laughed until I saw two pixies seisze Neville by the ears, lifted him up into the air, and began to circle the ceiling. 

"Come on now, round them up, round them up. They're only pixies." I saw him pull his wand out and wave it around, saying a spell. "Peskipiki pesternomi!" I heard him yell. Is that even a real spell? I saw that the spell had absolutely no effect. A particularly obnoxious pixie makes a face at Lockhart, seizes his wand, and tosses it out an open window. I saw Lockhart join the stampede to the door. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage!"  He slammed the door. Of course he'll leave me, Harry, Ron and Hermione to do the job.

I saw that Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing there, blinking. Ron swatted a pixie gnawing at his ear. I giggled a little.

"What do we do now?"

I raise my wand and point it at the pixies.

"Immobilus!" I shouted. The pixies freeze in midair. Neville falls (Because he was being help by some pixies) and plops on to Lockhart's desk, shaken but unhurt. Good. Neville looks at me. 

"Why is it always me?" He asked. I just shrug, not knowing the answer.

(TIME SKIP)

Fresh from the pixies, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Neville and I walked down to the Common Room. Our hair askew and our robes shredded. 

"Can you believe him?" Ron asked. 

"I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience with the pixies." Hermione said. I rolled my eyes. "Hand-on? More like he chickened out. Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing." I said. Harry, Ron, and Neville agreed with me.

"Rubbish. Read his books. You'll see all the amazing things he's done." Hermione said.

"He says he's done." Ron said. 

(ANOTHER TIME SKIP)

I was in the Quidditch stadium with Hermione and Ron.  A few minutes later, I saw the team walk out onto the pitch.On the team was Harry, Fred, George, Alicia Spinnet, Kate Bell, Angelina Johnson, and of course our captain, Oliver Wood. Wood lead them through the courtyard, toward the distant Quidditch pitch where several students outside were studying. We were supposed to be studying, but I got bored and started to watch the team.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train ealier, harder, and longer!" Wood told the team.

"What the. . . I don't believe it!" 

I turned to what Wood saw. Crossing the courtyard from the other side are SEVEN BOYS in GREEN ROBES, also carrying broomsticks. At their lead is Marcus Flint, trollish Slytherin Captain. Ron, sitting with me and Hermione at the table, looks up.