Prologue

Bone crushing, soul ripping pain.

Legs wobbling, knees going weak. An almost silent fall to the hard surface that the palms of manicured hands keep barely steady, preventing an impending crash. A precaution done in vain when the bearer of these hands has already suffered an emotional crash.

Eyes in the dark room look anywhere but her as the cause of her pain rushes out stuttered apologies.

And then it's done, eyes finally settle on her form as she let's out an ear piercing wail, her body finally accepting the betrayal. She looks into the eyes of her lover as she does this, not quite sure what she's seeing; hoping she's seeing wrong. He closes his eyes ironically, as if seeing her in pain is too much.

Head hung low, his apologies have stopped. The other woman stands to his side, tears brimming her eyes as she stares at the taken man she's been caught kissing. A stuttered "I" leaves her mouth, with remorseful eye contact.

Though faint she heard it. The other woman loves him but didn't know he was engaged. We were both the other women caught in unconditional love for one man who unconditionally divided his love for us two and couldn't decide.

For a moment a glare settled in her eye as she watched the other woman, a strong loathing making way towards her. But she couldn't and she wouldn't.

So she made his choice easier. She chose for him. She took off the ring, slid it across the room, stood straight, a determination settling in her mind as she gave him her back. The way he did her.