The Death of Natsu Dragneel

Rain poured down on empty streets. The whole city of Magnolia was dead quiet, no one was out of their houses. The rain was too dangerous to go out in. The magic infused in it made it burn living organisms, but doesn't affect non-organic organisms at all. Once the water hit something, the magic left it, making it normal water again. All the people could do was watch the rain hit the ground from their windows, not able to do a thing about it.

Natsu watched the rain anxiously. He was too exited to just sit around and do nothing. He wanted to do something about the rain, but was stuck in the guild. Meredy looked at him staring out the window. To her, he looked sexy at that moment. He was soaked. While the rain hadn't hit them directly, enough water got through the towels to soak them. The water seemed to shine on him as some of it slid down his body, going through every curve, collecting more water as it went down. His usually spiky hair hanging down from being wet. The intense look in his eyes. His body shaking with anticipation. There was nothing covering his well endowed torso, he had taken off his shirt because it was wet. The expression on his face said he was ready for action, ready to take on the world.

"Natsu." Makarov came up from behind him. "There's no use thinking about it right now. There's nothing we can do at the moment. Just get some rest, we'll come up with something tomorrow." Natsu looked around. The only people awake were him, Makarov, Meredy, Erza, Gildarts, Lucy, and Cana. Cana was doing what she always does, drink. Erza and Gildarts were sitting at the bar not far from her, appearing to be in deep thought. Lucy was sitting across from Meredy, who was looking at him. He looked around to see everyone else asleep either on the floor or on a table. He got away form the window and sat next to Meredy. He just sat there a while when he felt something hit his shoulder. He looked over to see Meredy asleep, using his shoulder as a pillow. Lucy smiled as she drifted to sleep as well.

He was kind of jealous of them. He wasn't able to fall asleep for a few reasons. First, he was too anxious. The reason behind the rain bothered him too much. He needed to find out what was causing it. Then there was the fact that he just wasn't tired. He didn't know why, but he didn't feel tired in the least. There was also a feeling he didn't understand. For some reason, ever since Meredy put her head on his shoulder, a strange warmth began spreading through his body. He knew this warmth for he used to feel it a lot as a child when he was with Lisanna. But he never really understood the reason behind this warmth. He usually felt calmer when he felt it and found it easy to sleep, but this time, it seemed to have an adverse affect. It made him calm, but unable to sleep.

"I... I love you Natsu!" Meredy looked the dragon slayer in the eyes as she said that.

"I love you too, Meredy." Natsu smiled back at her. He got closer to her and pressed his lips against hers. Her face turned red and she kissed him back. She couldn't believe she was actually kissing him. "Meredy." He said, breaking the kiss. "Meredy." He said again, but more intently. "Meredy. Meredy."

"Meredy!" She sat up and looked around her. A dream. she knew it was too good to be true. It didn't take her long to notice she was resting on Natsu's shoulders. She got up quickly, her face turning red from embarrassment. "Good, you finally woke up." He said.

"Are you ok?" Lucy asked. "You looked like you were having a nightmare."

"I'm fine." She said. "It was a nice dream." She blushed a little as she said that. 'It was just a dream...' Meredy couldn't help but feel disappointed it was only a dream. No matter how much she disliked it, it was fact. She didn't have a chance with him. Besides, she knew he liked Lisanna, not her.

"Good, now that you're all awake, we need to do something about this rain." Makarov came up to them. Gajeel, Erza, Gray, Wendy, and Gildarts joined in as well, ready to help out where needed. "Who ever caused the rain last time must be doing it this time as well. There for, we need to find him and get rid of him immediately." Makarov began explaining. "The only problem is this rain. It will burn us if we touch it. But, there is a way around it. We just need to wear clothing that covers up all our skin, that way, it won't affect us." He looked around to make sure everyone was paying attention. "If we cover up, we can look for him without worry of being hurt by the rain." They all nodded. They each gathered up clothing and used it to completely cover up, making sure no skin was showing, but there was a tiny crack for their eyes to see out of. The team then went out to search for the cause of this rain, with Gildarts as their leader. They split up the same as last time, only Gildarts went by himself like Erza, making there one more team than there was last time.