Heartbreak resolve

Meredy sat at the table, crying. They were supposed to have a funeral for Natsu, but his body had been stolen. They had been searching for days but haven't had any luck. Everyone in Fairy Tail had left to go look for him, except Meredy. She wanted to help them, but was too depressed to even move. But she didn't care anymore. Everything she loved was now gone, forever. Tears rolled down her cheek to her legs. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't stop crying. The tears just kept coming, no matter how much she tried to stop them.

"Any luck?" Erza asked Gray. He shook his head. They had already searched all of Magnolia but found no traces of him. They had started searching the area around the city, but still haven't found him. It was only a matter of time before the body thief got away. They had seen them already and could still feel their magical power near by, but just couldn't locate it.

"We found them!" Lucy came running up to them. She signaled them to follow and lead them to the thief.

"I won't ask you again, give us back his body." Makarov yelled. The thief just stood there, laughing a little.

"Sorry, I can't do that just yet." She said. "He's sleeping and I don't want to wake him up." She laughed a little.

"What do you mean sleeping, he's dead!" Makarov was getting impatient with her. Erza, hearing the conversation, attacked, but missed completely. The thief had almost instantly moved behind her and attacked her, knocking her into a tree.

"Weak." The thief said. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to be somewhere." She tried to run away, only to get caught by a giant hand. She looked back and saw Makarov in his titan form, holding onto her tightly. He squeezed tighter, making her gasp. She couldn't let herself get caught, so she used some kind of magic, reverting Makarov back to his original form. She landed and turned around to run away, only to run into Erza. She stumbled backwards. It felt like she had run into a brick wall. She looked at Erza, who was wearing her titan armor. Erza requiped into her normal armor with a sword and swung at the thief. The thief easily dodged, making another attempt to run away. This time, Gray was the one to stop her. He used his ice make to freeze everything over, causing her to slip. She got up to see Erza on one side and Gray on the other. She let out a short laugh and kicked Gray right between the legs, running off at the distraction.

"N-not fair..." Gray moaned in pain. Erza went and supported him. They all went back to the guild, sad they weren't able to save Natsu or get his body back.

"Natsu... Natsu... Hurry and wake up, your friends need you." A woman said, looking over his lifeless body.

Back at Lucy's apartment, she and Meredy sat on the couch, comforting one another. They had both lost an amazing friend and comrade. While everyone was affected mentally, Lisanna was the only one affected physically. When she heard about Natsu's death, she fell terribly ill. Porlyusica said it was a disease that attacked the mind, destroying it from the inside out. Everyone in Fairy Tail was down about that too, especially Elfman and Mirajane. They had lost her once and didn't want to lose her again. No one wanted to lose her again, nor did they want to lose another comrade. It would be too much to lose two people in such a short time.

"N-Natsu..." Lisanna muttered in her sleep.

"Poor thing." Porlyusica said, looking at her. "Losing a friend is hard, losing someone you love as more than a friend is harder." She placed a wet rag on Lisanna's forehead. She sat down on a chair next to the bed and looked at Lisanna. "Sorry I couldn't help him any more. If only I'd known about the poison, I might have been able to..." She trailed off.

"Meredy..." Lucy said. "Tell me, what did Natsu mean to you..." She asked. Meredy looked at her, unsure of how to answer.

"Well..." Meredy thought for a moment. "To be honest... I began to like him as more than a friend. I guess I fell in love with him..." She said. "Why do you ask?" She looked at Lucy.