Broken Pieces.

B R O K E N  P I E C E S

On the night of 27th March, it was quiet until Aveline entered her own house and spotted her mother. Fear coated her whole body. Not because her mother was standing in front of her but because what she was holding. 

"You little shit," she whisper shouted and slapped Aveline's cold face. "How dare you talk with that boy?" Mrs Greene slapped her daughter again or should I say, her biggest mistake. Yes, her mother used to call Aveline her biggest mistake. No one knows why. It was always like that, as if the name Aveline was nothing but a pen name for the unfortunate daughter.

"He is my best friend, I can talk to him whenever I can. I am 18 mother." Aveline never wanted to call Mrs.Greene 'mother' because this word is the most glorious and warm one and she thinks her mother doesn't deserve that name. But however it is. Mrs.Greene wasn't like this when Aveline was a child. She was bad but not this bad. 

Still Aveline respected her mother. 

Yet she was once again getting hit very harshly by her mother, Aveline groaned when falling into the couch. "I told you he is not your boyfriend. Are you fucking deaf? A girl who fails at almost everything doesn't deserve a boy like that." Mrs Greene broke her cherished bottle into two pieces on the edge of the sofa right where Aveline fell. 

She had only cried and cried that night, the small wounds always hurt the most. Aveline knew it very well.

"Oh, nice phone he bought for you, eh?" Mrs.Greene finally brought out the phone Christian had given to her. "Why don't I make it a bit better?" she then turned the phone to dust by hitting it and stomping on it again and again. The horrible sound made the night haunting than ever. Aveline did nothing, she just sat there, swallowing her fears. She was prepared. Her life had always been like this.

"Don't you ever dare again, Aveline!" Mrs Greene threw the broken glass bottle on Aveline's lap. Her face was already red from all the slaps and embarrassments. "The next time I see you cutting your wrist or swallowing pills, I will not call for an ambulance." 

The night was long, her body ached with feelings. The combination of red blood and purple was covering her dress. Aveline tore apart her clothes, saw her body and all those bruises. All those bloods running down low and slowly.

Aveline cried so much that the tears had gone away before dawn. How long will this continue? Aveline had thought she should end it tonight for real, to Aveline giving up was the only thing she was good at. Would she? Her eyes were staring at the small kitchen knife and an apple on the desk. She took it on her left hand and admired the shiny knife. She could see the reflection of herself. The fucked up face, those puffed eyes, and a bloody red lip.

"I can't do this anymore." She murmured slowly and painfully.

"Live." Someone whispered slowly in her ear.