Eight: You

Amy's schedule had become rather hectic over the next few days; almost to the point where she couldn't bear it. She seemed to be constantly sitting at her desk sewing away, cutting fabric, and drawing out designs. With orders coming in from the castle immediately the day after she mentioned to Sonic that she would still craft for the Queen, along with demands from the she-devils, she had too much on her plate. Not to mention that sales and orders had been circulating more than usual from the regular customers, thanks to the ball. Being honest with herself, she wasn't sure if she had slept at all. 

The only time she had any relaxation was with Sonic, but even talking to him was exhausting. 

Isabelle shrieked as Amy accidentally drove a needle into her arm. The girl was sitting on the stool in front of her wearing a long, silky half-sewn turquoise dress as Amy pinned it around her for size. 

"Sorry, Issy. If you'd hold still for at least five seconds.." Amy muttered, holding a pin between her teeth. 

Every so often, Amy would glance up at the windows of the shop to see the people pass by. She had been expecting Sonic to come by all day, and he hadn't yet despite it nearing dinnertime. 

"I'm not moving, you just keep looking off," The beige hedgehog pouted. "What are you looking for, anyway?" 

"Nothing, I'm just thinking," Came Amy's vague reply. 

"Just thinking, huh?" Issy trailed off, leaving a long moment of silence between questions. "Who is that man you're always with, Amelia?" 

Amy felt her face flush. "Wh-what man?" 

"Don't try and play it off," She giggled. "I've seen you with him three or four times this week. He's a blue hedgehog, and he always wears that weird black cloak. Just what is he hiding underneath it?" 

Amy wondered about the cloak too; but right now, it was the least of her worries. 

"It's-- he's just a friend," Amy spat. "H-he works.. He works at--" She struggled to come up with a believable story, but the trio knew almost everyone in town. There was no claiming that he was the baker's cousin or anything of the sort, or they would go and ask. 

Issy giggled again. "No need to hide him from me, Amy," She replied, much to the pink hedgehog's relief. "I'm happy for you, actually. It's sister that you have to worry about." The volume of her voice fell significantly. "But your secret is safe with me, don't worry." 

Amy smiled with relief and returned to hemming the dress to the right length on the girl. She was taken aback by the girl's kindness but didn't dare question it. Issy didn't go out of her way to talk to Amy that often, but when she did, it was genuine. It was safe to say that she was the most tolerable out of the twins.

Her lips parted to thank the girl, but just before any sound could leak out, Mari came waltzing into the room with bags hanging off her arms.

"Oh my goodness, you guys. I have had like, the worst day!" She whined as she set the bags on the counter and began to dig through them. "First, stupid Douglas couldn't make my perfume in time.. He claims he's overworked but like, I paid him to do his job and he isn't even doing it! Mother will chew him out for me tomorrow. But I digress!" She dramatically threw herself into the chair with a drawn-out sigh. "And then I stepped in the mud in my new heels. Can you believe it? They're BRAND NEW! It's so annoying!" -She threw her legs up on the counter to show them the bottom of her shoes; which were, surprisingly, almost completely clean. 

"That's awful, Mari," Isabelle replied genuinely, leading Amy to ponder whether the girl was really that dense and agreeable at all times, or if she was really just a good actress.