Chapter 5

Pippin P.O.V.

We walk out of the house & into the land surround making the house. I am silent & look around at the nature while think make, hop making Ollie won't ask about what Matilda meant. We walk along the narrow trail, advanc making towards the picnick making field.

About ten minutes later, we reach the fields. We walk towards a hill, & climb to the top. I take the basket from Ollie & flip the switch on the bottom & wait for the blanket to expand. After the blanket is done unfold making, I sit on it & pat on it, motion making for Ollie to sit down after she takes a while. She sits.

I open the basket & place the food on the blanket. It looks like Mathilda also put in a few roast beef sandwiches while we wasn't look making. I hand a few to Ollie, who starts eat making them, & grab a few for myself.

" So... What is this that Tilly said I should ask you? Why does everyone disregard the fact that we are cousins? I would really appreciate an explanation. It is extremely disconcert making."

I sigh.

" I was hope making you would neglect to ask me."

" Yeah? Well, I have most definitely not neglected to ask, so don't you try to neglect answer making."

" Alright. If you insist."

" Yes, I do indeed insist."

" Are you sure?"

" Yes! By Achilles' heel! Hurry up & answer!"

" We are not cousins."

She almost rolls off the hill backwards. She can be such a klutz on occasion.

" What?"

" We are not cousins."

" Hold on a tick.."

She rubs her SRDs & swallows a few times.

" Could you repeat that?"

I shove the last bit of sandwich in my mouth & swallows, putt making my hand up & smack making my face, my hand slowly travel- making down my face & back to the basket. She looks rather impatient for me to repeat it.

" We are not cousins."

Her face contorts oddly, & I almost laugh aloud.

" Oh dear... I knew my SRDs was malfunction making..."

She starts mess making around with her left SRDs, flipp making switches & mov making it.

" CAN YOU REPEAT THAT?" She says way louder than her usual voice.

I sigh & move closer, reach making towards her SRDs & putt making the switches where they ought to be; carefully putt making the SRDs back on normal levels.

Before mov making back, I see her eyes glint making in the sunlight. The different colour making really is exceedingly peculiar. I think it matches with her, though. I move back & get a boiled egg.

" Do you still wish for me to repeat it?"

" I suppose not. perchance later when I have fixed my SRDs. The contraption is really making your words sound completely absurd. I keep hear making you say we aren't cousins."

At this she gives an odd little laugh, stuff making another sandwich in her mouth.

With her mouth full of food, " Cahn yew bewieve it? So ridicuwous!"

She let loose another odd laugh. I don't know what's the matter with her.

Women are so confus making.

Even the ones that are practically your little sisters. Or cousins, for that matter.

" Hey, Peregrine, you wouldn't have just happened to tamper with my SRDs somehow when we were in the lab, right?"

" No."

" Are you sure? You still haven't gotten back at me for Tesla- making your hand."

" I'm sure. No, I haven't."

She was silent for a few moments.

" The trees are lovely this time of year, right?"

" Yeah."

" Say, I don't know what your favourite type of tree is."

" Fir trees."

" I see."

" No, there actually aren't many around hence. I don't currently see any here-abouts. There are a few on the way back, though. Shall we get go making?"

" That's not what I meant, Peregrine, but sure, we can start the walk back."

I get up & help her up, putt making my hand out to grasp hers & pull her to a stand making position.

I pull the lever & wait for the basket to finish fold making the blanket back into it & such. Ollie designed it so that the engines would decompose any organic matter remain making on the blanket & use it as energy, so we never have to give it a wash. I pick up the basket.

We start walk making slowly, & I look around to see if I can spot any fir trees. We stroll in silence for a couple minutes, when I spot a fir tree. I nudge her & point to a tree.

" There is a fir tree, Ollie."

" I know that's a fir tree, Peregrine."

She did? Huh.

" Why are you call making me by my full name all of a sudden?"

She stops, blinks & her eyes widen.

" I am?"

" Yeah. You have been call making me Peregrine since your sister got mad this morn making."

" So I have. I don't know. I hadn't noticed."

" I rather prefer Pippin, if it's all the same to you."

" No one else calls you Pippin."

" I know."

" I shall try to be more conscious of it, in that case," here she pauses with a small smile & winks, " Pippin."

I smile. Much better. That Peregrine thing was start making to unnerve me, despite it be making my name. We start walk making again.

With only about a quarter of the way left, we hear the click making of the metal gears of a messenger dove com making in our direction.

It lands on the basket & the mechanical voice speaks.

" Hermes has arrived with parents." it speaks, then, it flies away.

Ollie is glar making daggers at me. Sometimes I almost think she could give me the plague with those glares of hers.

I grin at her nervously.

" Now- Now look here, darling. I really don't think this is the best of days to see what that Tesla finger of yours can really do, right?"

" Well, that idea hadn't come into my head yet, but now that you mention it..."

" Look, it will take longer to get back if you make me black-out & have to drag me back."

" Whoever said I would drag you back? I could just leave you here."

" That wouldn't be exceedingly nice of you."

" Well, I'm not a exceedingly nice person. That's not what I'm worried about, though. I don't have the illusion, lens, or proper garments."

" If you're marrying him, I should think think he would eventually have to see you without all of those."

She is red. She opens her mouth, shuts it, & opens it again.

" Oh, do shut your mouth & come along."

She stomps off, leaving me to follow her.

Hallo! Did you expect that? Tell me in the comments! Don't forget to vote!