Kitchen Nightmare?-Chris

KITCHEN NIGHTMARE?
by violet.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and sighed at the stack of dishes that needed washing. My worst enemy.

"Staring at them won't make them clean, get washing!" My manager shouted, startling me.

"Okay okay," I murmured, picking up the soggy sponge.

In a few minutes, she came running back.

"What are you doing back here There's a huge crowd that needs to be served!"

"You just told me to-"

"Get. Moving." She sneered at me, watching me scoot away to grab the hot plates.

"Rude," I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that. Extra one hour of dishwashing afterwards," she replied, with an evil glint in her eye.

I gulped and decided talking back isn't going to help me in any way. So I carried on with serving.

I looked at the table number and grabbed the right dishes accordingly.

I pushed through the doors and to the tables.

Table No. 9.

They were laughing obnoxiously and didn't seemed to notice I was even there. I gently placed the plates on the table. When I was about to turn away, I heard a Thank You.

I smiled and turned back with a "You're welcome."

And I must have stared too long because I felt myself salivating. There, in front of my eyes, was the most gorgeous person I've ever seen. Even my biggest celebrity crush, Brooklyn Beckham, lost to him. He had the brightest green eyes, and perfect chiseled features. Along with a clean, perfect jawline. He had a lip ring too which made me 20x more sexy.

He smiled and laughed. That smile was perfect. If I thought he looked sexy without smiling, then he was now an angel. Then I realised I'd stared for too long. I ducked my head in embarrassment and headed back to the kitchen.

"What took you so damn long to deliver 2 dishes?"

"Just an annoying customer," I muttered, taking more plates.

"Of course."

I could tell she didn't believe me but I dashed off before she could say more or give me an extra hour of dishwashing.

After serving to most of them and constantly bumping into the other waitresses and waiters, it was time to close up.

"Well done all of you. Except you," she looked dead straight into my eyes, "You have some cleaning to do."

I groaned internally and dragged my feet towards the sink. Why can't they get a dishwashing machine? I know I'll never get an answer to that because I'll probably be killed the moment I asked.

I kept washing blindly. I don't care how clean it is. I just wanna go home.

"Me too."

I jumped in shock, and turned beside me.

"You should know how to keep your thoughts to yourself," he laughed. Oh my god. His laugh.

"Wh-What are you-ou doing here?" I fumbled on my words.

"I didn't pay for the meal so I had to."

"Oh, so you came here with nothing? Um, what about your friends?" I asked, taken aback. "Didn't they help to pay?"

"Well, actually I was the only one who did. But they left before the bill even came."

"What? Why would they? What kind of friends are they? If I had those as friends-- not that it will ever happen, I'll never have such monster as friends-- But anyways, I'll shout and scold them and beat them to a pulp and make sure-"

He laughed. "That sounds aggressive. Can I pay you to do that?"

"Only if you'd do the same for my manager," I winked. "How does 20 Dollars sound?"

"20 dollars? They're not even worth like 5."

I laughed till a plate slipped out of my hands. And it broke.

"Oh my God, are you okay?"

"But the plate's broken!" I whisper-shouted, pointed to the scattered shards below.

"On the bright side, that means lesser dishes to wash."

"Yeah, good point." I gathered the pieces with a broom while he grabbed the dustpan.

"I heard something!" My manager shrieked as she stepped into the kitchen. "What are both of you doing there?"

"Um, sweeping this area, it's really dirty," I said, lifting up my broom.

"Okay good... you've never done that before." She sashayed off.

"Phew, that was close." I released a sigh of relief. And he nodded with a tight-lipped smile.

We both got up from the floor. Suddenly, he fished his phone out and blasted a song. It had a sick beat.

"Always just sitting back with my hoodie on.
This smells different when you put it on."

I stared at him. And he shrugged, "It helps me work faster."

We continued washing till we were done with everything. Not gonna lie, it did help. Having a hot guy beside you is not making things better but the great music eased me.

We constantly bumped shoulders and I felt excited shivers run down my spine.

We didn't throw soap suds and had fun like you see in music videos but this was equally amazing. Plus, a broken plate is enough damage.

Once we were done, we left the place without saying goodbye at all.

"You should stop letting her get to you," he said, walking beside me. "You can stand up for yourself."

"I know. Same with your friends," I laughed, realising he was following me. "Wait-- Where's your house?"

"It's down there."

"10 CloverField Lane?"

"Yep."

"That actually doesn't exist," I retorted, cocking my head. "You're a bad liar."

"You think?"

"Mmmhm," I nodded. "Defnitely."

"Actually, I told my friends to go and when I stayed, I--um, said I couldn't pay."

"Why the hell would you do that?" I asked, thinking about how much I hated doing dishes.

"So I could see you. And talk to you. Spend time with you. And know you." He was looking away shyly.

"Wow. That's... unexpected." My insides was warming up with a sense of comfort and delight.

"So, may I finally know your name? Hello?"

"Oh. Yeah. Um it's (Y/N)." He actually wanted to know me. No one has ever. Someone wanting to so shitty dishes just so they can see you? Now that's goals.

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you." The the realisation hit me. But... "Hey, you still lied. I hate liars."

I walked faster and reached my house and smirked to myself. I heard his footsteps slow down behind me.

"Don't be like that. I'll make it up to you."

I bit my lip and spun around. "Beat my manager into a pulp?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"For free."

He mouthed a What and laughed, making me smile. "Just for you. Aye aye Maam."

And just like that, he vanished into the night, his laughs drifting through the wind.

I don't know when my smile would actually come off my face. Until I realised I didn't get his name.

💙💙💙💙

my first chris imagine. like it? vote + comment + suggestion + share. check out the other imagines by my loves too. love y'all