Chapter 35

(Meadow's POV)

"Straight to voicemail," I sighed, dropping my hand from my ear to my side, looking at my brother who's eyebrows knit together in confusion. "He hasn't been answering my calls since yesterday."

"That's peculiar," my brother rubbed his chin with his hand as if he was in concentration. "Grayson would never drop a call, especially if it were you."

"Well maybe he'll be at school today," an unwanted lump formed in my throat. Maybe he was sick. Or he's ignoring me...

-

"Thanks, Max," I groan, pushing the front door of the school open as I dragged my feet into the empty hallway. "We're late now thanks to you."

"I'm sorry," he responded blandly. "Have a good day." With that he turned and walked away.

I sighed as I readjusted my backpack straps on my shoulders, turning on my heel in the opposite direction from where my brother was, which was now an empty hallway. I trailed down the wide corridor of lockers, my mind pleading me to go to sleep, although I had no choice but to go to my locker and prepare for first period.

"Meadow!" His heartwarming, familiar voice called, but was filled with anger and sadness.

I spun around, the sight of Gray filling my eyes with concern.

"Are you ok?" I asked him, reaching out to give him a hug.

     He stepped away, turning his attention to the ground. I watched him in concern, watching him breathe in and out, his breath heavy with emotion. I could see his eyes were closed, due to the fact that he was taller and leaning over me. I could tell that he was upset.

     He wore simple clothing, black skinny jeans and a black v-neck. He finished his basic outfit off with a black pair of Vans, as well as a black SnapBack.

"What's wrong?" I attempted again, trying to understand what exactly was happening.

"You used me."

What? Then deja vù hit me.

     However, the thing that intrigued me was the fact that I couldn't see him. His features. He was completely dark, the color of night. His eye sockets had eyes, but the iris was pitch black, his face longing emotion. But I could tell he was upset.

     He wore simple clothing, black skinny jeans and a black v-neck, his charcoal-colored skin visible. He finished his basic outfit off with a black pair of Vans, as well as a black SnapBack.

"What's wrong?" I attempted again, trying to understand what exactly was happening.

"You used me."

"Gray, what are you talking about?" Worry filled my veins, the pained expression of his face consuming my vision.

"Save it, Dallas told me everything," he snapped with gritted teeth, his glare piercing through my skull.

"Why would you believe-" he cut me off.

"I ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU DID MEADOW! STOP TRYING TO COME UP WITH EXCUSES!" He raised his voice, and I feared that someone was going to hear our conversation. "You knew this would hurt, didn't you." What?

"Did you have to?" He croaked, his eyes watering with tears. "I know I wasn't always the nicest person to you, but did you have to play with my feelings? Is that what it was to you? Payback?"

My vision blurred as I stared at him. What was he talking about? "Who would tell you such lies."

"Dallas did," he snapped, his eyebrows furrowed in a tight line and his lips were pursed together, and it seemed as though they would turn blue if he left them like that any longer. "I believe her, too. It makes so much sense. How you and Cameron walked around acting all lovey-dovey, and then suddenly whatever you had went poof. That's cold, Meadow."

"B-but, yo-you don't understand-" I found myself struggling to find words, and I only ended up being cut off by the fuming teenager once again.

"I don't want to hear it, Meadow," he whispered, looking away from me and down to the ground. "You played me... and my feelings. I-I can't believe you. " I watched him turn slowly before his legs dragged his body down the hallway, his posture slouched and sloppy.

     I found myself standing in that same exact spot where Grayson went off on me, my mind still attempting to comprehend what had just happened. I turned around to reach my locker, and I looked down the hallway to see a teenage girl looking at me, smirking evilly.

Dallas.

748 words A/N 3,000 VIEWS!!! I honestly never thought this book would get so many viewsss!!!! By the way, this book will most likely be over in the next 1-3 chapter!!!!