Chapter 1: Dusty Hand Print

Bryn's POV

Today was no different then any other day. I went to school and suffered through my classes. I wasn't really that popular of a student here, but I wasn't hated. I didn't have any friends to talk to, so I was basically a loner. Just going through my classes trying not to die. Everyday after school I went to the very edge of the dome to pear outside. 

And I was going to do exactly that today. If I could ever get out of this boring class. Everything we were learning was really dumb. When am I ever going to need this in the world. Homework?

*Bring* *Bring*

Finally! I can leave! I quickly pack up my stuff and start to walk out the door when I crash into someone, dropping all my stuff. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you." I said.

"No, it's okay. Here," he said handing me my binder and book. "thanks."

I got up and headed to my locker to pack everything I need for the homework I was going to do later tonight. I put it all in my backpack, picked up my coat and walked to the entrance of the school. 

Getting on my bike that was parked out front, I started biking to the edge of the dome. Feeling the wind blowing through my hair, It felt amazing. A rush of excitement flew through me. I started peddling faster, wanting to get there faster. 

After riding through a couple blocks, I finally got to my destination. I hoped off my bike and rested it on a nearby tree. I pulled out my journal from my backpack. I sat down in front of the tree next to it and started doing my English homework.

1. a,ancient-city

2. the,newspaper-article  

this is so annoying.  I thought to my self.  

I threw down my book in anger. Happening to look up at the glass at the perfect time to see a dusty hand print appear on it. What The?  

I slowly got up and walked over to the wall. Very confused, I looked closer at the hand print. As another one appeared, I jumped backward. Becoming startled. Slowly walking back I noticed that whatever was outside was writing a message.

Help Me.

Help? How was I supposed to help something that was beyond where I could go. Freaked out, I turned around and grabbed my stuff. I got on my bike and started pedaling home. Did I mention that I'm living on my own and managing 2 jobs just to make food for myself. My Aunt stops by occasionally, but really just to visit. 

ON the way home I pedaled as fast as I could human push my feet. The wind was blowing through my hair once again, but this time I felt fear instead of excitement. 

I finally pulled into my little houses driveway, and parked my bike. I got inside and decided to eat something small before I had to leave for my job. I grabbed a small bag of chips from the pantry and sat on the couch reading my new book. 

Time passes fairly quickly and it was time to head to my job at the local grocery store. Before I left I made a list on what stuff I needed while I was there.Considering I had taken the night shift I wasn't going to be home till later. 

I still need to do my homework, but that would have to wait. I guess I could do it after my shift.I packed  up everything I needed and started to head to work, Expecting it to just be a normal shift. 

Oh boy, was I wrong. 

Author's Note

This the first chapter to my new story, The Dome. I know the first chapter is kinda short, but  the next couple will hopefully be longer. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

-sincerely the Inconsistent  writer <3