Chapter 4: Vision

Touch the wall? What does this thing mean by that?? Taking a chance I put my hand up against a random spot of the wall. Nothing happened. I tried again and still nothing happened. 

I decided to try once more. I put my hand right over where this thing wrote the message. Suddenly a shock was sent through my body. The next wave was a horrible headache. The my eyes got super heavy. I tried fighting the urge to close them but i was unsuccessful. I drifted off into what i though was just a dreamless sleep, but instead it was vision or a flashback. 

 I awoke in a weird looking world. Everything look very outdated. Old fashioned even. I was looking around when I spotted a little girl swinging on a swing. I started walking over to her and my vision started  to focus more on her. She was wearing a dress from the 1800's. she was wearing a bonnet on her head with her auburn curls laying on her chest. She looked about 13-14 years old.  

Who was she?

She just started swinging like there was no tomorrow. Gradually getting higher and higher over time. She seemed to be humming a tune. Out of nowhere someone appeared from being a tree. "Sweety It's time to come in." the lady said. I assumed it was her mother. The little girl on the swing  seemed to be startled and fell off at the highest peak hitting her head on the ground. I started to run to her and see if she was okay. The mother did the same, but instead ended up running right through me. 

A weird feeling passed through me and I fell to my knees. Being confused I got up and looked around only to see nothing but black. Just me in the middle of nothing. The another setting appeared. This time it was the entrance to a church  and the people arriving were wearing black dresses and suits. Wait, Did she die?! No!!!

I followed all the people into the church and walked up to the casket. There lied the little girl. The one I saw playing on the swings. She must have fell and then died from a head trauma. All of this was very confusing and I didn't want to be standing in the front of the church so I went and sat down in one of the pews. 

After more people come and took their seats a slow tempo song started playing from the organ and four people started singing. I didn't recognize it, but it sounded familiar. 

I feel so numb
Staring at the shower wall
It's begun,
The feeling that the end has come
And now the water's cold

I tried to eat today
But the lump in my throat got in the way

In this time I've lost all sense of pride
I've called a hundred times
If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?
If you're not here to turn the lights off, I can't sleep
These four walls and me

I lay in bed
Can't seem to leave your side
Your pillow's wet
From all these tears I've cried
I won't say goodbye

I tried to smile today
Then I realized there's no point anyway

In this time I've lost all sense of pride
I've called a thousand times
If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?
If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep
These four walls and me

Oh oh oh

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?
If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep
These four walls and me

Why was I here. I have so many questions that can't be answered. After basically watching the whole funeral I was transported back into the black room. Then back to my real self in my body in front of the dome. 

I was back. Everything was normal, But this time there was one more thing on the wall that I haven't seen before. One word.

Me