Never Meant To Be [9] The Wolf Prince

RECAP:

-------------------------------------------

Lifting my downcast eyes, I see the man's had closed the distance between us as he kissed me. It was a chaste kiss that only lasted for a moment but it was enough to surprise me was I stared wide eyed at the man. When he pulled away I noticed that he sported a grin along his lips as his eyes glimmered with amusement.

"Looks like we didn't make your man to happy now eh?" It took me a second to register what had happen, dazed and out of it but was brought back when Wrath's violet eyes shone through the open doors.

He was right on that. He didn't seem too happy...not in the least bit that is.

-------------------------------------------

My heartbeat slowed in pace at the sight of Wrath's intense violet eyes. Surprisingly they weren't facing me but the man beside me, which he was practically boring holes into as though wanting it to burn his very flesh till he was ash. A light grip that had somehow snaked its way to my waist tightened while dragging me closer to the man.

"So good to see you Wrath, I've been wondering how things have been with you dear friend." The words from a distance seem forthcoming but from my point it came more like a sneer. It didn't take a mind reader to figure out these two held a certain hostility towards each other.

"What are you doing here Lumen." The tone Wrath was using sent shivers down my spine. He apparently didn't like what was going on.

"Nothing to do with your matters, I just thought it would be rude not to introduce myself to this fair maiden here." The man Wrath had calls Lumen answers casually, placing another arm around me.

"I'd suggest you'd return back to your home, Nilsa. I hear it's been under some difficulties since you haven't found a mate yet." At this, Lumen scoffed, letting go of me before whispering in my ear.

"That was he thinks. See you later sweetie."Giving me a wink, He pulled out a beautiful white lily from his pocket as he delicately handed it to me before leaning in and placing a peck on my left cheek. My face began to burn when he pulled away, leaving me to watch as his slender form disappeared behind the door, leaving Wrath and me in the empty studies.

Weakly gazing up, I spot Wrath's heated gaze glaring down before me, causing me to inwardly shutter at its intensity.

'He's glaring at me...what did I do?!'

"Wrath? I can explain-"I try to defend myself now before Wrath got any ideas but was shortly cut off by his commanding voice.

"Do you have any idea what you just done?" He questioned darkly, his back now towards me. I shudder at the odd feeling admitting from his body. It was like the shadows in the room seemed to dance, drawing near his form as chilly fingers ran down my spine.

"D-done what?" I stuttered out, hoping he didn't hear the anxiety within it. Never in my life have I've been terrified of anyone, at least not like this.

"You led him on didn't you Celica?!" Wrath roared, whirling behind him as he faced me with his madden eyes. I stood there for half a second, confused by his sudden accusation I tried to think what I could have possibly done wrong.

"What, No! I did not; I don't even know what I did. He just kissed me out of no were for Christ sakes!" I defend back, my fear drowning into emotions at his terms. I could feel rising within me, my anger staring to show as I watched him shake his head at this.

"Don't act like you don't know what you did. Now he's singled you out!" He gave an unexpected sigh, plopping onto one of his chairs in the room while running one of his pale hands through his glossy hair.