chapter 61

Loki was a little anxious, it had been two days since the dwarf king told him he sold weapons to the frost giants, but it seemed like the longest two days of his life, he wanted to send a message to Asgard, but the king wouldn't let him, they had sent the weapons to asgard already, so now loki was just waiting for them to let him go back, they always made him stay a day or two after the weapons were sent back. He was pacing around his room, about to explode with anxiety when finally someone came to tell him he could go. He quickly got ready and headed to leave, he said his goodbyes to the king, and he was off. Finally he got to the site and called for Heimdall, a flash of light shot from the sky, and he was back on asgard. "Hiemdall" loki said as soon as he arrived.
"Yes?" Hiemdall replied.
"Have the frost giants been here?" Loki asked quickly. Hiemdall thought there had to be more to the question.
"No, why would they be?" He told him, loki let out a sigh of relief.
"Where is Thor?" Loki asked, ignoring Heimdall's last question.
"I believe he is with Eira, in her room" Heimdall told him.
"Is something wrong?" Loki asked.
"You should go see her" Heimdall told him. Loki ran to their room, he went in and saw Afya and Thor, frantically trying to tend to Eira, who was laying on the bed. She was clearly very sick. Loki rushed over to her, and was about to touch her face.
"Don't touch her!" Afya yelled at him, he pulled back.
"Why?" He asked, starting to panic.
"I don't know what's wrong with her, I don't know if whatever she has is contagious or not" Afya told him, he could see that she was stressed and frantic.
"Do you know how to help her?" he asked looking down at Eira. She was sweating, shaking, her eyes were bloodshot and she was having trouble breathing. Tears were streaming down her face, and she couldn't focus on anything, she couldn't here or see clearly, everything was a blur. "I don't. I don't even know what's wrong with her" Afya told him, in a shaky voice, she was afraid loki would be angry with her.
"How long has she been like this?" Loki asked.
"Since this morning. She ate breakfast, then a few minutes after she just collapsed. But I don't know what's happening to her, and it keeps getting worse and I fear I won't-" she couldn't finish her sentence, she didn't want to think about what might happen if she wasn't able to heal her. Loki looked at her, she was getting worse by the minute. he knew what to do to save her, but he didn't want to.
"I know someone who can help her" he said, Thor and Afya turned to him.
"Who?" Thor asked, loki gave him a 'look' and he knew who loki was talking about: Brynjar.
"Can we move her?" Loki asked.
"I guess. Where are we taking her?" Afya asked.
"To a city right outside ours, there's a man there that more than likely can save her" loki told her. Brynjar was a man of trade, he was able to get hold of things very few people could, and loki knew where he was. They put Eira on one of the small ships (like the one they took to Svartalfhiem) and brought her to the city where they could find Brynjar. when they did, loki could feel his hate resurfacing, he didn't want to have Brynjar anywhere near Eira, but he knew he had no choice, she would die if she didn't get help. They approached his home (which was more like a trading shop), loki knocked on the door, Thor was holding Eira.
"Loki, you're the last person I thought I'd see" Brynjar said in a taunting tone, he looked past loki and saw Eira.
"And you brought Eira. Whats the occasion?" He asked.
"Something is wrong with her, I need you to see if you have a cure" loki told him, Brynjar stepped to the side.
"Bring her in" Brynjar told them. Thor brought her inside and set her down on a table. Loki grabbed Brynjar's arm.
"If you even think about hurting her, I will kill you here and now" he told him.
"You know, I'm doing you a favor, you could at least be polite about it" Brynjar snapped and he yanked his arm out of Loki's grip. He walked over to Eira and examined her for a moment."I think she's been poisoned" he said, a little under his breath.
"Do you have a cure?" Loki asked anxiously. Brynjar nodded.
"Thankfully I know what poison, and yes, I have the cure" He went into the other room and came back with a small bottle, he held up Eira's head and let her drink the cure. In a moment she was able to breath normally, she could focus on, and hear what was in the room. "She'll have a fever for a few days, and she won't be able to take care of herself. But i guess that's why you're here" he said pointing to Loki.
"Thank you" loki said, a little insincerely.
"Well I'm glad you came when you did, you were about an hour away from loosing your wife and your child" Brynjar told him, loki nodded.
"What do I owe you?" Loki asked, he knew Brynjar never did anything for free.
"Nothing, I think after what I did to Eira the other day I owe you at least this favor" Brynjar told him, loki was shocked and pleased at the same time. He took Eira and they all left.
"They're all so easy" Brynjar said to himself after they left "and don't worry, you only have to wait four more months" he said a bit louder, hearing footsteps behind him.