chapter 99

Loki was laying in bed the next morning, staring at the ceiling. He heard a light knock at the door, he knew it was Thor, Thor was the only one who wouldn't have he 'just give him some time' mindset.
"Come in" he said, his voice was scratchy and dry. Thor came in and saw loki laying in bed. "I just wanted to see how you were doing" he said as he came over to loki, loki sat up so Thor could sit. He just shrugged and didn't really reply. "I miss her" he said, looking at the floor. Thor looked around for a moment, the room was far to perfect, nothing was out of place, and loki was just sitting there, this Isn't at all what Thor expected to walk in on.
"You know, this isn't very convincing" Thor said looking at loki, he knew it was an illusion.
"You won't like the truth" loki said back, his voice breaking a little.
"We've talked about this before" Thor replied, loki looked at him and sighed. A shimmer of magic spread across the room, loki disappeared from the bed, the room was a wreck, everything made of glass had been shattered across the floor. every piece of furniture had been thrown out of place, the curtains were torn to shreds, the bed was a mess, and loki, where was he? Thor stood up and took a few steps before he saw loki. He was laying curled up on the ground in the doorway of his closet with his arms wrapped around his head. There was glass on the ground all around and under him.
"Loki" Thor said as he knelt down next to him, he put his hand on Loki's shoulder.
"Please just leave" loki choked, but his voice was barely even there.
"Come on, try to get up" Thor said as he tried to pull loki up.
"Get off! Just leave me alone!" Loki said, it would've been a shout if he had a voice. But Thor still pulled him up into a sitting position, he was slouching,and looked weak, his eyes were red and swollen from sobbing, and he clearly hadn't slept all night. "Come on, I'm taking you to your old room" Thor said kindly as he held onto Loki's arm, loki flinched a little and pulled back.
"What happened? did you-" Thor said, knowing loki probably cut himself.
"I didn't mean to, I promise" loki said,
he knew Thor would be mad if he'd been injuring himself intentionally. Thor pushed up Loki's sleeve, his arm was covered in scrapes and bruises, but there were no deep intentional cuts.
"Loki-" Thor started, but didn't have a complete thought. Loki dropped his head into his knees, Thor still looking at his arm.
"Make it stop. Please. Please someone just make it stop!" He cried, getting even more frantic.
"Why does this have to be so painful?!" He shouted, not in reference to the cuts.
"I know this is hard, but try to at least calm down and-" Thor started but loki cut him off.
"Calm down? Calm down? How can you ask me to calm down when my whole world was just ripped to shreds?! She was everything to me! She was the only person who never saw me as a villain and now she's gone! Don't you dare tell me to calm down, you have no idea what im going through!" Loki yelled back angrily, Thor nodded, he was just trying to get him to at least not exhaust himself physically. "You need to see a healer, try to stand" Thor told him, loki shook his head and laid back down, plopping himself back Into the broken glass.
"What can they do for me?" He said back, Thor was trying to get loki to think rationally, but he knew it wouldn't work. He put lokis arm around his own shoulders and held onto his waist, making him stand up. Loki winced in pain as he was dragged to his feet, Thor thought it was only his arm at first, but it was clear that he was injured in more places. He brought loki to his old room and set him down in bed, then left to get a healer. Loki just felt limp, he didn't care what anyone did to or for him, the world didn't matter, he just felt empty. Thor came back a few minutes later with Reva, she looked at him sympathetically, but who wouldn't? She started to clean the scrapes on his arms, then she realized that he had cuts and scrapes and bruises All over him. she cleaned and bandaged all his cuts, put Ice on his bruises, and brought some clean clothes for him to change into after she left.
"Thank you" he said with the same scratchy voice. "Here, drink this" she said, handing him a glass of water, he took it and drank it. "Loki" she said. He just looked at her in response.
"It's okay to miss her, you don't need to hide your tears, at least not from me" she said sweetly, he clenched his jaw, trying not to have a total breakdown. He tried to say 'thank you' but no sound came out, so he just nodded, she smiled sadly and leaned in and hugged him, for Some reason that made him feel a little better, maybe because it felt like Eira, maybe because she was a healer and had that motherly air about her. After a minute She let him go and left the room. He tried not to start sobbing again, he tried to 'calm down' but couldn't, he just felt his rage boiling inside.
"Why?! Why did she have to die?!" He yelled into the air, he looked for something to break, but everything breakable was taken out of the room. Thor walked in, Loki's eyes shot to him, looking for an answer.
"Why?! Tell me why! Why did she have to die Thor?! Why did it have to be her?!" He screamed as he tried to stand but stumbled to the ground. Thor came over and knelt next to him. "Please tell me why! Give me an answer!" He yelled. "Loki- I can't answer that" Thor said back, wishing he could make this easy.
"You have to! Please know why! Some one has to be able to tell me why!" Loki screamed back, starting to breath hard. Thor grabbed his shoulders firmly, making him look at him.
"I don't know why it had to be her, I don't know why any of his happened, no one does" Thor told him sternly, but not harshly. Loki just sat there trying to to explode in anger and grief, Thor helped him up and back into bed, he knew he hadn't slept, which couldn't be helping the situation at all.
"You didn't sleep at all last night" he said, putting him back in bed.
"I don't want to sleep!" loki yelled back, trying to shake off Thor's grip
"Stay here, I'll be right back" Thor told him.
In a few minutes he came back in, loki was laying on his side, he felt Thor's hand on his arm, then a sharp pain
"What was that?" He asked as he jerked around.
"You're just going to sleep now" Thor told him, setting something down.
"Did you..... Did.... You.... Drug me?" Loki asked, a little mad at Thor for drugging him to sleep, but he was drifting off and could barely form a complete thought. He fell back down in bed, and in less than a minute, he was in a deep sleep