~Chapter 7~

The Ryerstell siblings sat together together on a balcony over looking the sea. Zarmond stared at the crystal blue waters of King's landing. He held a lute in his hands and strummed the strings. Closing his light hazel eyes, he let himself be carried away by the melody he was playing. It was a soothing and happy sound. Playing the lute was a hobby he picked up in his boyhood. It was a another way to get rid of stress other than sword fighting with Diggary.

Abazell watched her older brother play. She always enjoyed it when Zarmond pulled out his lute. It kept her mind at ease. She was rattled with worry for her mother and the baby. Not to mention, the mood their father has been in as of late. So when her brother came knocking on her door with his lute in hand and Diggary by his side, she immediately let him in.

It was funny how close they were as siblings. Zarmond could easily read her just like father. He knew when she felt upset, anxious or stressed. Zarmond was the kind of brother anyone would wish to have. He didn't even care that they were just half siblings with the same father and different mothers. It didn't matter that much to him in the slightest. He may tease her every now and then but he was never rude.

Abazell was taken out of her thoughts when Ellyn offered her some grapes. She gave her hand maiden a smile before taking a green grape and popping it in her mouth. Ellyn set the bowl of grapes on a small wooden table infront of them. Zarmond continued playing the lute and birds flying above chirped. Abazell felt her body complete let itself go. She leaned back on the cushioned bench they sat on.
Diggary leaned on a pillar watching the two siblings. His black hair picked up in the breeze and tickled his face. He was thankful to be sent off by Lord Zarn, earlier that morning, to keep an eye on these two. Folding his arms, Ellyn came over to stand by him. He nodded to her and she returned it.

"I heard something today." Ellyn spoke softly as she put a strand of hair behind her ear.

"From our crowed or the others?" He question in a low voice.

"From our crowed." She assured him with another nod. "They spoke of Robb Stark's crushing victory at the Battle of Oxcross."

Diggary hummed at this. He heard talk of the possibility of Robb blazing his way through the Lannister army. Personally, he didn't think it would be this victorious. Though this victory could be a bad thing for Sansa Stark. Who knows what kind of ill treatment she was going to receive when that bastard of a King hears the news.

"What they speak of is true Ellyn." He pulled away from the pillar he was leaning on. "I assume Lord Zarn found out as well. Not to mention, his children too."

They both looked back at Abazell and Zarmond. They watched as Zarmond played the lute wrong which made Abazell laugh and hit his arm.

"They know much but yet they aren't supposed too," Ellyn muttered more to herself than to Diggary. "I worry my lady may know too much of what goes on"

"Zarmond is willing to tell her what she needs to know." Diggary looks over at her with a slight frown. "She isn't a child anymore Ellyn. Besides, she is smart girl."

"I suppose your right." Ellyn exhales deeply. "One can only hope she doesn't get too involved in our Lord's affairs with the game."

"If worse comes to worse, you and I are bound by duty to do what needs to be done."

Ellyn blinks as Diggary keeps his Stormy blue eyes on her. Then they say in unison.

"Serve to protect and protect to serve. That is the Shadows' code."

"What are you two mumbling about over there?"

Diggary and Ellyn turn their heads to Zarmond's voice. He gives them a raised eyebrow and a smile.