04; real life

Sebastian was nervous

It was the first time he was going to see his wife in almost two years now. She's not going to remember him, and that is okay. Just if she was alive and breathing and this wasn't a joke - he was fine. Plus, that little girl. Oh, that little girl. He knew it was his. She looked almost exactly like him with the red hair she got from her mother. He bounced up and down on his heels waiting for their plane to touch down. He was a trainwreck.

Dotty was having trouble carrying her daughter off the plane and holding her bags. Winter had fallen asleep during the ride, and while Dotty wished she could fall asleep, her mind was racing. She had a whole life here apparently. Family, friends, and a husband. She looked down at her sleeping daughter. Could this man who is claiming to be her husband, be Winters father? Before she went to get her bags she decided to look for this Sebastian Stan. He could help her carry all the bags she had brought with her. She had a feeling that she was going to be staying here for a while. She searched the crowds before finally, their eyes rested on one another.

He couldn't breathe.

She couldn't think.

His mind was blank.

Her mind was pounding.

He felt like he was punched in the gut.

She felt at peace.

"Sebastian?" she questioned walking up to him. His throat was dry before he finally nodded. "Are you okay?" she asked as he gulped hard. He nodded once more not being able to form actual sentences. This had to be a dream. "Can you help me with my bags? Winter fell asleep and I can't put her down," she told him fixing her daughter so that way she wouldn't drop her.

"Y-y-yeah," he stuttered out following her to the luggage claim. She told him which ones were hers and once they had them all they left. The ride to his house was silent. He had no idea what to say. What do you say to your wife who doesn't know that she was his wife? "So, I told everyone to come around eight tonight. I know you want to rest and all. I tried to make them wait until tomorrow, but they insisted," he told her pulling into his - their driveway. He didn't have the heart to move after she left. It was one of the last things that he had of her.

Dotty smiled. "That is okay. Winter should be up by then. Can you show me who is all coming? That way I know who is who," she asked him getting out of the car. Before she could protest, Sebastian picked Winter up and carried her into the house, Dotty following along.

"Yeah. I'll put her in the guest room and grab your bags. Just go into the living room and make yourself at home, I will be in shortly," he told her making her nod. He was already so good with Winter, it almost made her want to pretend that she remembered who he was. She took his advice and went into the living room to see that it was lined with photos.