Chapter 26

It was Saturday and their last week of promotion. Jungkook let out a soft snore as he fell asleep while Jihye was styling his hair for the performance. "You are going to get a bloated face if you do not wake up now", she whispered close to his ear only to have him wave his arms at her face. "But it's okay, your fans will still love you", she rubbed his shoulders before elbowing them making him jump from his seat.

"That hurt", he lifted his hand to massage his shoulders and glared at Jihye playfully. "Stop it, you guys", Gina snapped her fingers and tapped on her wrist to tell them that the time was ticking. "Hurry and wear your shoes", Jihye said and looked around for it. "I'll get it for you"

Before Jungkook could insist that he would get it himself, she was gone. He stared at her returning with his shoes with a worried look but it was soon gone when he watched her smile brightly back at him. "Stop staring", she poked his cheeks and pulled his slippers off to place his shoes properly.

Jimin walked by and rested by the wall, "Mr. Cinderella, it's almost midnight".

"This is amazing", Suga stared at the trophy; his eyes still teared up and Jin patted the rappers back. "It's worth it, let it go. Don't hold back", the rapper turned to look at the eldest member with a puzzled look. "What? I will not let go of this", Suga hugged the trophy tightly.

"He was talking about your tears. Just cry it out", Rapmonster helped Jin with his words and Jhope approached them with his head shaking side to side. "Only Daesang will make our Yoongi cry", Suga rolled his eyes and Jhope nudged him with a wide smile.

"You don't know me that well"

"Hyung, I know you more than you know yourself"

Everyone exited the building and the van stopped by the company, and Jihye got off with a bag full of make up. "See you tomorrow", Gina waved as she made her way to her car that was parked by the entrance. Jihye nodded and made her way in after seeing her off.

Jungkook stood by the main door and Jihye jumped from the sudden appearance which made the bag drop on the floor. "You scared me", she bent down to grab the bag but Jungkook beat her to it.

"Pardon?", he tilted his head to the side as he looked at her, making her laugh out loud and she hooked her hand around his arm.

"We got practice after this", he placed the bag in the staff room and Jihye shrugged, "I have to get back home".

"Wait for me, you can stay back in the dorm tonight", he pleaded with a pout and Jihye shook her head as she rejected his idea firmly. "Jungkook-ah", she whined with him and hugged him by the waist to sooth his tantrums. "Tomorrow? I have to clean and fix the place", she placed a peck on his lips and watched his pout turn into a smile.

Jungkook gave her a short nod as a sign of approval, "I'll see you tomorrow then, ok?". Jihye let go of him and gave him a thumbs up. "Love you", he whispered and she cringed at his soft voice.

"Me too", her fingers formed a heart and placed it on his lips before she leaned in to peck her own fingers.

"Stay back", he whined again and Jihye couldn't help but roll her eyes. "I shouldn't have done that", she crossed her arms and shook her head, "I will see you tomorrow, you better get back or NamJoon will spank you".

After taking Jungkook back to the rest of the group, Jihye waited for a cab and returned home. As soon as she opened the door, an envelope caught her attention and she quickly picked it up, revealing it to be something that she hoped not to appear.

She dialed the number and waited for the other side to pick up but it went straight to the voice mail. Looking around, she grabbed her suit case and walked to her room to pack her clothes. Just then, her phone vibrated and her ring tone echoed through the apartment. She looked at the caller name and answered it immediately.

"Hello"

"It has been long overdue", an airy voice sounded through the speaker and Jihye felt her blood run cold.

"Please give me some more time", she begged and held onto the shelf by her side as she felt her leg go weaker by the minute.

"Just a reminder that time does not wait for no man, Ms Jung"