Part 3 :R

"Bronwyn, where is Victor? " Nathalie asked the small girl. Bronwyn shrugged and ran off to where claire and the others are.

"Where could he be?" She wondered. She did not why but she felt something bad was going to happen. She went back upstairs and saw Victor's door was slightly open.

The light was still open and there's light shuffling.

"Victor what are you doing?" She asked as she saw Victor packing his things. He froze when he heard her voice and looked at her.

"You're not leaving the loop... Are you?" She asked. Victor sighed and nodded.

"Why?"

"Why what?" He asked.

"Why are you leaving? Are you not happy here? Are .. Are we not enough for you? And what about Bronwyn? Is she also leaving?" Nathalie cried. All her life she felt alone until she came to Miss P's loop and now Victor wants to leave.

"Look, Nathalie I'm happy here it's just that... I want to explore. I want to be free.." Victor said.

"But.. But Victor! The hollows, the wights! Victor you'll die! Please don't" Nathalie exclaimed as tears flowed freely. Victor sighed and held her hands.

"Nathalie, there's something I want to tell you" He said.
"For the past years that you've been here in the loop, we've grown close. Well, not as close as you and Enoch." He chuckled and looked down.

Nathalie's eyes grew wide.. Is this a .. Confession?

"I really, really, really like you.. Love you even." Victor said. Nathalie's heart sank, knowing she can't accept the feelings of the strong boy.

"Victor... I .. I can't I'm sorry.. I'm thankful for your love but.. I can only see you as a friend.." Victore sighed. He expected this..

The only one who held Nathalie's heart is no other than Enoch O'Conner.

-------

"Victor please be reasonable!" Nathalie pleaded. They reached outside and Victor is still on about leaving.

Nathalie felt something was wrong. She noticed a moving shadow and her eyes widened.

"Victor watch out!" She warned and pushed Victor aside. She suddenly floated in mid- air. She started to freeze one hand and the tentacles coming out of the mouth. She was thrown away like a doll and hit her head on a rock.

"Nathalie!" Victor cried.

-----

Enoch and Miss Peregrine was having a conversation until they heard..

"Nathalie!"

Their eyes widened and ran to where Victor and Nathalie are. Miss Peregrine quickly took out her crossbow and shot the hollow but they were too late.

Victor in the ground with no eyes, obviously dead and Nathalie was laying beside him with her head bleeding but she was just unconscious. Frost was everywhere and the atmosphere felt very sad and depressing.

Enoch was looking at her horrified. He knelt beside Nathalie and gently pulled her head to his chest, rocking her gently. Tears was streaming down his face.

'Please wake up! Nathalie! please don't leave me here alone! You promised me!' He cried.

He leaned to her face and whispered

"Please, I love you..."

--------

Miss Peregrine was also heartbroken at the sight in front of her. Victor is dead, Nathalie was hurt severely and for the first time in a very long time, Enoch was crying.

She felt that she failed. She failed as an ymbryne, as their guardian and she felt that she failed as their protector and that she wasn't storn enough for them.

"Enoch... Take Nathalie back home.. Please.." It took all of her will to sound strong and collected but her voice cracked in the end.

"Okay Miss P." Enoch said and gently carried Nathalie to the mansion.

Miss Pergeine slowly walked to Victor and covered her mouth. Tears swelled in her eyes as she knelt down to the dead boy.

"I'm sorry.. " she cried as she cradled Victor's head, rocking back and forth.

---------

She also brought Victor back to the Mansion.

Everyone was horrified, Bronwyn started crying and almost broke everything in sight, Claire and the twins ran to where Nathalie is and begged her to wake up and tell them everything's going to be alright and she'd be awake just in time for bedtime to read them their favorite stories.

Emma and Olive tried to stayed strong but tears started streaming down their face.

Enoch was the worst of them all, he never left her side , never ate and never spoke to anyone. He would stay by her side trying to pretend that she was there with him, singing him a song that would lull him to sleep.

But reality hit him the hardest as he cried all night.

Everything was all wrong and shattered.