Part 4: O

Days passed and those days turned to weeks and then those weeks turned to months, and months turned to years. Nathalie still didn't woke up. Everything almost went back to normal.

Almost.

Enoch is still sulking in Nathalie's room and Victor is still dead. There's nothing they can do about it.

"Please wake up..." Enoch begged silently as he held her small yet cold hands into his own. He always says this yet nothing happens. He always hopes everyday that she would wake up.

"Please..." He weakly said and kissed her knuckles. He suddenly felt a light squeeze; his eyes widened.

"Do that again please..." He whispered and Nathalie gave another squeeze. Her eyes twitched and she let out a groan. Enoch gasped.

"Miss P.! " He called. Relief washed over his somewhat cold heart and he smiled.

"Hi Enoch" Nathalie weakly smiled.

"H- hi.." Enoch stuttered. He couldn't believe it, she's awake. She's finally awake.

"Enoch! What's going - " Miss Peregrine rushed. She stared at Nathalie in awe.

"On...Nathalie, you're awake.." She smiled and hugged the young girl.

"Everyone! Come quick! " Miss Peregrine called everyone.

Bronwyn came in full speed and attacked Nathalie with a hug along with Claire.

"Nathalie! We were so worried about you! We thought you would end up like Victor!" Bronwyn cried. Nathalie's eyes widened

"Victor? What happened to Victor?"

All was silent and Nathalie assumed the worst ..

"No... T-that can't be true right? Victor, h-he's fine and he will walk inside of this room just like all of you did" Nathalie said as tears fell down her cheeks. 

The temperature dropped drastically and frosts started to cover the bed.

Everyone clutched to each other due to the room's coldness

"Nathalie...." Claire cried. Nathalie was brought back to reality and the frosts and the coldness disappeared.

"I'm so sorry..." Miss Peregrine said.

Miss P. decided that it was everyone's bed time, everyone protested and said that they wanted to spend time with Nathalie but Miss P. just looked at them sternly saying they can talk to Nathalie in the morning.

Reluctantly, everyone followed the Ymbryne's  orders and went straight to bed except for Enoch.

"You should go to bed Enoch." Nathalie softly said. He shook his head and laid beside her.

Nathalie turned her head to face him and smiled. She caressed his cheeks and immediately frowned at the sight.

"What?" Enoch asked when he saw the frown that graced her porcelain- like face.

"....Nothing...." She lied. Bags and dark circles were evident on the boy's eyes, his cheek bones were more prominent and he was paler and usual.

"Have you been taking care of yourself lately Enoch? You've become so skinny." Nathalie asked. Enoch sighed and shook his head.

"No.. I'm sorry... " Enoch said and yawned softly. Nathalie giggled.

"You should go to sleep." She said. Again, he shook his head.

"Why not?" Nathalie asked confused.

"I'm scared.." 

"Scared of what exactly?"

"Scared that this is all just a dream, that when I wake up you will still be asleep in this stupid bed with no possibility of ever waking up" He confessed. He turned to face the ceiling and sighed deeply.

"Silly Enoch." She laughed and kissed his cheeks. He made no sound but a blush was prominent on his cheeks.

"I promise you that I'll be with you when you wake up." She promised and brought her arm to wrap it around Enoch's torso.

Enoch continued to stare at the ceiling, after a few moments, he gently turned to see Nathalie sleeping by his side.

She was still so beautiful... Her dark hair had grown longer, her skin is still pale as ever with a natural pinkish blush that sat on top of her cheeks. Her long lashed that is curled up to the heavens, her cute button nose and her pouty lips that was red as a rose.

It was so silent except for the soft snores from Nathalie once in a while.

And for the first time in a long time, Enoch slept soundlessly in peace.