s i x

"I told you so," Jihyo angrily said as she stood in front of me.

I wiped away the sad tears as I sat on her couch, Dahyun was beside me, rubbing my back in comforting circles. The scene with Tzuyu played in my mind over and over again. Each time I saw her expression, I got sick all over.

"Sana unnie, she doesn't deserve you. You're better, you aren't the type to cheat. And if she can't see that, you don't need her."

Dahyun nodded in agreement. "You deserve better, Sana unnie."

I know I should believe their words, but I can't bring myself to do so. I've been with Tzuyu for years. For years I've loved her and only her. And now that we aren't really a thing, I don't know what to do with myself.

"She didn't even call to see if you were officially over. She just assumed and went kissing another guy. So disrespectful," Dahyun added.

Jihyo nodded. "See? Listen to Dahyun-ah. She knows what she's talking about. I know it will be hard, but just forget about Tzuyu. Erase her from your mind."

Days passed, and I tried to take Jihyo's advice. I really did. But that's thing about having dated a model.

She's everywhere.

On TV doing fashion shows, doing commercials, on billboards, in magazines. Everywhere. So she's constantly on my mind.

When I was pouring a customer's coffee, he put the magazine he was holding down, and on his shirt was a picture of Tzuyu.

Right. She was on shirts now too.

I spilled the coffee unintentionally on his shirt, and was sent home the rest of the day.

One day I was off, I was flipping through the channels on TV. But I stopped as soon as I saw Tzuyu's face. She was doing an interview, smiling so happily. As if everything was okay in her life.

Maybe we weren't meant to be.

Jihyo walked into the room. She was in shorts and a light jacket, wearing tennis shoes, with her hair in a ponytail. She must be going to work out.

"I'm going to the gym. Coming?"

I shook my head and stuffed more ice cream in my mouth. I'd rather explode from too much ice cream.

Jihyo frowned at what was on TV and snatched the remote from my hand. She turned the TV off then gave me a stern look.

"You are coming with me, Minatozaki Sana. Now, get dressed."

After I was dressed in the appropriate attire, we both walked to the gym. Jihyo was beside me, jogging at an intense pace on the treadmill. Meanwhile, I was going only one mile an hour, dragging my feet on the machine.

I hate working out.

"Sana unnie? You come here too?"

Dahyun walked up beside me, beaming. She was dressed much like Jihyo.

"Not really. Jihyo-ah dragged me here," I corrected, not bothering lifting my head from the control panel.

Dahyun pouted. "Why the long face?"

"I'm depressed."

Dahyun rolled her eyes. "You're not even working out."

"Yes I am," I groaned.

"You can't just mope on a treadmill. Come on, get your heart pumping! You'll feel great!"

Suddenly, the machine began to speed up, forcing me to walk, then jog, then run. Pretty soon, I began sweating. Dahyun was cheering me on.

"Yeah! You got this, Sana unnie!"

"Too...fast..." I puffed.

"Really? I do this speed every day! Don't give up!"

Suddenly, I felt my shoes loose their grip, and my body dropped like a fly. Then I was forced backwards, until my stomach was exposed to the rough carpet under me.

Groaning, I sat up, Dahyun and Jihyo checking to see if I was okay.

And then I saw another familiar face, covering her mouth, staring at me.

Just the luck I need.