Lost And Not Found pt. 1

"Do we have everything packed in the car?" Dean yelled.
     "Yeah, I just finished that up!" Sam answered from the library. Dean checked it off his checklist, and made his way to his room to make sure Claire hadn't left anything. Claire...
"Are the girls in the car already?" The bedroom door swung open, and Claire popped her head out.
"Nope." She smiled at Dean. He rolled his eyes. "What's with the attitude?" She asked.
"You're supposed to be in the car." Claire picked up her bag from the bed. "And that's supposed to be packed up already, damn it Claire."
"Watch it boy, or the next time you're in danger and I'm the only one around to save you, I'll make sure I give a real good thought on if you're worth it."
"Yeah right, you love me too much." Dean scoffed.
"Not right now I don't." And with that Claire was gone.
"Why the hell am I with her?" Dean mumbled to himself, scanning the room to make sure he didn't forget anything.
• • •
"Yeah, I just finished that up!" Sam answered from the library.
"Finished what up?" Jade asked, walking in. Sam turned around to face her.
"Damn it." He muttered. He walked over and ripped Jades bag from her hands and started storming off to the garage. She followed.
"What the fuck?" She yelled after him. "Can I have my bag back please?"
"No, you may not. I told Dean that all the bags had been packed in the car and if he sees you still with yours he's gonna be pissed."
"Well then I'll take the blame for it. Dean loves me more than he loves you, he won't be mad." Jade teased. Sam stopped and turned around.
"I'm already on my way there. If you really want to help, go sit in the car and wait." He snapped.
"Damn Sammy, I was only teasing. What's got your boxers in a twist?"
"You." Sam turned back around and made his way to the garage.
• • •
"Castiel?" No answer. "Cas?" Maddi waited a minute, but still no answer came. "CASSIE!" After a few seconds, Maddi turned around to the sound of feathers fluttering.
"What do you want?"
"Were you busy?" she asked, taken aback by his tone.
"Dean is putting me through a lot of stress at the moment, so if you could just tell me what you were calling me here for, I would greatly appreciate it."
"Well I just wanted to know if you were going on the hunt with us." she said, zipping up her bag. Castiel looked down at it and sighed.
"Dean is not going to be very happy with you." he said, walking over to retrieve it.
"Why?"
"Because this is not packed in the car like it was supposed to be an hour ago."
"Well I only started packing about an hour ago." she said quietly.
"You need to learn to be more responsible with your time, Madison."
"I was trying to figure out where you've been. You have hardly talked to me the last couple days and I-"
"I do not need to check in with you, and you do not need to worry about me. I am an angel. I can take care of myself." Castiel said. He and the bag then disappeared, leaving Maddi speechless in the room.
"EVERYBODY BETTER BE IN THE GARAGE BY THE TIME I GET THERE." Deans voice echoed through the Bunker walls. Jade started to walk by, but stopped at her door.
"Hey let's go, you can daydream in the car." she teased. Maddi gave a forced smile, and walked with Jade. "Are you alright?" she asked.
"I guess, Castiel was being kind of a jerk this morning, and I don't exactly know why." Maddi said.
"So was Sam, it seems like Dean has crawled up both of their asses today. " When they finally got to the car, they found Claire sitting in the back with her hands folded across her chest, staring out the window.
"How much do you wanna bet Dean was a dick to her this morning?" Maddi whispered in Jades ear.
"Nothing, I'm pretty sure you're right." They walked around the impala and opened the back door. Maddi slid in next to Claire, and Jade took her seat by the other window. They sat there a few more minutes while Sam, Dean and Castiel took care of the few things left on the checklist.
"Who is ready to roll?" Dean asked, getting into the car, followed by Sam.
"Is Castiel not riding with us?" Maddi asked.
"No, he said he was going to skip this one. And I don't blame him, it's a 26 hour car ride from here to Augusta, Maine." Dean fixed his rear view mirrors, and started to pull out of the garage.
"Oh." Maddi said quietly, and leaned back in her seat.
"Are we gonna stop somewhere for the night?" Claire asked. "Because there's no way in hell im sitting here for 26 hours."
"Well, we aren't stopping unless it's to gas up so you better find a way in hell to sit there." Claire rolled her eyes and put her headphones in her ears. As Dean started down the road, he turned on his music and looked back at the girls. "Claire!" Maddi tapped Claire on the shoulder and motioned to Dean.
"Yes?"
"You aren't going to listen to my music? What's wrong with you?" he asked.
"Fuck off." She said and put her earbuds back in. For the next 26 hours, Sam and Dean switched seats, and the girls spent their time sleeping and staring out windows.
• • •
"We're here." Dean said, pulling into the motels parking lot.
"No shit Sherlock." Claire said. Right as the car parked, she opened her door and got out, stomping her way to the front. Dean, Sam, and Jade stepped out of the car and stretched. They grabbed the bags and carried them to the motel rooms.
     "Where's Maddi?" Claire asked.
     "Asleep in the car still." Jade said.
     "You just left her in the car?" Castiel asked, appearing behind them.
"Shit Castiel, you scared me." Claire gasped.
"My apologies." he said. "Im going to go wake Maddi."
    "Too late, I'm awake." She said. Claire handed Maddi the key to her motel room. Maddi took it and went to go find her room, and Castiel followed.
   "How was your drive?" he asked, scanning the room numbers in search for Maddis.
    "Long. I hardly slept." she mumbled.
    "Are you alright?"
    "No, Cas. I'm a little pissed at you right now." Maddi found her room and started to unlock the door, when Castiel took the key from her hands.  "What the fuck, give me my key back."
"What have I done to upset you?" Maddi reached for her key, but Castiel pulled away, and held it above his head.
     "Well right now you wont give me my damn key."
    "You can have your key when you tell me what I did to upset you. Other than what I am doing now."
   "Fine." she grumbled. "You were quite the ass back at the bunker." Maddi looked down at the ground, now feeling bad for being upset. Cas already had enough on his plate, and she knew he wasn't going to forgive himself that easily over this, even if it was something so small and stupid. "But its okay, I'm not really that mad." Castiel lowered the key and put in her hand.