School life for dyslexic

Let's be honest school is hard enough but then being dyslexic on top of that it's like... well you'll see.

Ok let's go back to primary school the start of year five to be exactly good old young me before realising how bad the next few years going to be. So you're probably thinking "Shut up Harry Primary school wasn't too bad" ok for you.

In primary school the lessons I had were French, PE, maths, RE e.g. Religious stuff, English e.g. working on your hand writing and spelling, Science/ our teacher explaining how much she loves David Attenborough and his documentary that we were watching and Reading.

French oh yes the lesson I haven't taken since primary do you want to know why Because me trying to learn English is like someone trying to learn a foreign language it's just hard and then trying to make me learn French ha u can go with the Smart arse who named dyslexia.

PE so you're probably thinking "dyslexia doesn't affect PE" yes it does because dyslexic mind think things over twice so resulting in a slower reaction time and judgement of distances can also be effected.

Okay I got Lucky that my dyslexia does not affect my maths but some Times dyslexia can affect maths especially Numbers most of the time it will be big numbers.

Well here comes my bad luck English ugh!!! Reading and writing I struggle to read things and my writing is very bad Once one of my teachers describe my writing as it's like a spider jumped into a pink pot and I danced all over my page. Also my spelling is really bad.

RE and Science didn't really affect me because it was the basics so it was easy nothing really to confuse me or anyone.

So let's Head off to secondary school  this is when things get worse for me

So now my lessons are English, Maths, Resistant materials/Food tech, Drama, Music, Science, Ethics, Geography, History, Art, I.T. E.g. Computer stuff and PE

Now Maths was easy because my primary school didn't give my SATs results to my Secondary school so I was put in bottom set but I moved up by December. One of the reasons I think they put me in bottom set is because they knew I was Dyslexic so they are soon and maybe my Dyslexia was in Maths.

Resistant materials/Food tech on the whole wasn't too bad I love cooking it's one of the things I do a lot at home but Resistant materials was really hard for me because you need a lot of hand to eye coordination and this another thing what is affected by dyslexia.

Science was becoming hard because now we were using long and complicated words like pathogens, antibodies, photosynthesis and words like that. But I loved science so I know what they mean and how they look.

Ethics was another topic I was interested in this because a was easy and be it was a lot of things you already know so u for you were smart and you would hear most of the answers of what you're doing in class on the news.

I hated Art because of hand to eye coordination I couldn't draw but I started to practice outside school and I got much better at drawing over the years but I still hate arts because I don't like getting told what to draw and half the time we didn't even draw will be writing about Artist or something like that.

Music I was the best Music at the fairy part of it but I was good at the bits when we were tested like a written stuff weird I know.

Drama is a lesson that has it's advances from Dyslexia because usually Dyslexic people have a very creative brain and easily learn stuff quicker and have a better memory. So this helped but as well I Love Drama it is fun are you just let loose and yes I'm of Little selection of boys who actually like Drama and do it for fun.

History is good because remembering dates and names are easier because of Dyslexia but history has a lot of Reading in it because of sources of text and analysing it.

Geography is not that affected by Dyslexia The only thing is the reading but all lessons have that.

I.T. Is very had for Dyslexic because all of the codeine and the name u have to spell.

So that was my school life for year 4 to year 8

I hope this helps you understand more, thanks for Reading and if u have any more questions please don't be shy message me and I well answer

Credit to live_life_with_books for the book Cover Ly

Hope you enjoy

And if you can please give me a follow I will be grateful

Harry :)