Tomie - REPLAY

A plane crash. Intense pain. The death of thousands. The darkness. It's all that I can remember. The sound of water hitting against the shore plays on in my ear. Am I alive? Am I on a beach? Did I somehow... Survive? Or am I dead?

  As my senses begin to return, I can feel the warm beach sand against my cheek. The sun's raises shining down brightly, gently burning my pours. A mud crab crawls up beside me, entering my field of view. Nearly frightened, I jump off the ground away from it. Then  I see it... The crash site. Not too far off from the shore. Lied the wreckage of the airliner I rode in on. I take a detailed look around me. There doesn't seem to be any other survivors. Am I...the only one?

  It didn't take me long to realize I was alone. Stranded on this island. There probably won't be help coming for a while. Until then. I'm going to have to find a way to survive. Fortunately, there's vegetation in a jungle I've yet to explore. There could be dangerous wild life as well. This island is pretty big. It'd be best not to stray too farm from the site. Just in case rescue comes to check on it.

  During my exploration, I've found many useful tools and material. Dry wood, large leaves, and a girl... Wait, what? I rush over to her aid without much of a second thought. Lying against a tree, partially unconscious was a beautiful young girl. Hair made out of the finest silk, skin so soft and beautiful, not a single blemish. Lips so soft and sweet, and the strangest mark beneath her left eye. As my hand moved against her soft cheek, she began to wake.

  "Who are you? Why do you touch me?" She asks.

  "Oh, oh I'm sorry." I respond while moving my hand away.

  "I'm Joey," I continue.

  "Joey... I am Tomie. Won't you please, help me?"

  "Oh, sure. What's wrong?"

  "I am so hungry. Might you have anything for me to eat?"

  "Oh, right."

  I give the girl a partially melted protein bar, that somehow survived the crash within my pocket. She's a little hesitant at first. But she goes onto eat it without complaint. Feeling better, we talk a little, afterwards. We talked about our lives before the crash. Told her I was on my way to America for an art show in San Francisco. She said she was returning to a luxury suite after a visit from Japan.

  "So, were you part of the crash? I don't remember seeing you when I boarded the plane. And trust me. I think I'd remember a beautiful face like yours."

  "You find me attractive," she asked.

  "Of-- Of course. Who wouldn't?"

  "Of course you do. Then, would you mind doing this pretty girl a favor? Be a gentlemen would you?"

  "Of, of course. Anything for you, Tomie."

  "Build me a shelter. And find me a bed to rest on. I am tired. And it seems it may start to rain soon."

  "Uh, what," I ask.

  "Would you rather I sit out here alone in the cold, with nothing but the muddied ground to keep me warm? Do you see me as some kind of animal!?"

  "Oh, no. Of course not! But where do you expect me to find a bed?"

  "You're the man here, figure it out! You're supposed to be taking care of me!!

  "Unless... You didn't mean any of that you said. Then you truly are scum..."

  "Uh, no! Hey, don't cry!! Please!! I'll do it."

  "Really," she asks so sarcastically.

  "I've gathered some materials already, see? It shouldn't take too long. I can probably find something for you to sleep on within the wreckage as well. Just wait right here, okay?"