EPILOGUE

This piece of  the story is assuming that Heaven is real. Sorry if you dont believe in that stuff.

***

*James*

You know, heaven isn't all that bad. Its quite great, actually, especially since I get to watch over my son from above with my wife and make snarly commentary on the topic of his adventures.

Its really funny.

"Harry, its so obvious! Its Quirrel! Gods, are you blind?!"

"Are you serious, Harry? Why are you associating yourself with Snape?"

Lily went full fan girl when she saw Harry and Ginny together. "Otp otp otp otp otp otp," she squealed.

And now, we were here. Watching Harry and Lily get married and live the rest of their lives.

"Do, you, Harry James Potter..." Blah blah blah blah.

And as they kissed, I put an Arm around Lily and asked her, "you know who they look like?"

She shook her head no. "Completely clueless," she said.

I pulled her closer to me and kissed the top of her head.

In a flash, the past lice I lived all came rushing back to me. Chasing Lily for six years, finally getting her and then she almost died like, eighty times. Leaving Hogwarts and seeing her every day at lunch at work. Marlene attempting to kill me before a date. Looking up at the stars with her, pointing out the constellations. Hairy and Sirius, and Marlene and Alice, and Remus and even Peter, the dirty little traitor.

And thats when I realized that she truly was the center of my universe. But I had realized that before.

"They look like us."

The end.