6 • The Angel & The Demon

Lucy's P.O.V

Sasha, who's name I learned, reluctantly yet gracefully handed me back my weapons knowing that I was leaving the camp.

I let out a sigh as I placed my gun in the back of my jeans, tucking my knife into its holder, and held the metal bat tightly in my hand.

"Good riddance," Sasha said, scowling.

"Oh, Im sorry. Didn't realize you were leaving too!" I said, in a dumbfounding tone as she lunged at me and I stepped forward but Michonne and Rick separated us before we could even get into it.

Great, because scoring enemies is one hell of a way of escaping from others.

Shush.

I pushed Ricks grasp off me while I dusted myself off, my head hanging low.

The look Rick held in his eyes reminded me of my dad as they filled with disappointment.

So I let it weigh over my shoulder and did a walk of shame as I nodded my head at him and walked to the gate where Paul and Maggie waited to open.

Once they saw me approaching, they took cue as they both opened the gate.

If it's any fair, these people seem like good people even if it is too early for me to say and I wish the best for them in whatever shit they're in with the redrum.

Because redrum are absolute psychopaths & sociopaths who feed off of fear & weak.

They're sadists and worse than the cannibals who'll eat you alive, I honestly can't imagine anyone more awful than them.

But that's not my problem to deal with, so I'll just send the best of luck in the dust of dirt I leave behind while I run as far away as possible.

"Rick, Are you sure this is still a good idea? Did you consider my offer well through?" The bearded man asked in a low voice, surely he thought I didn't hear but I did. I wondered what he meant by that but I chose to ignore it and walked out the gates, I quickly turned back around as I faced them while walking backward.

As Rick said, I don't have a reason to be there any longer.

"Best of luck, assholes!" I shouted, throwing my middle finger up in the air as I turned back on my heels and practically start to skip away into my freedom.

Reeks of death but still feels right.

I could feel their eyes piercing through my back but I shrugged it off and continued to walk down the some-what lonely road.

I could hear the sound of the large gate closing as a loud slam went off as they locked the gate shut.

I stopped in my tracks, glancing back slightly over my shoulders before letting out a sigh and looking back into the empty road.

Leaves and dirt with a few dead corpses spread among the black concrete, I shook my head before facing back my fate and running off into the wind.

Not your problem to deal with, Lucy.

I had no clue where I was to go now, originally I was going down where this road leads me but that didn't turn out so well did it.

I let out another sigh. It was dark out and the only light that I had was from the moon and stars, I'm surprised they still even exist too.

This shit hole of a planet has been burning long before, but the apocalypse was its breaking point. There's no turning back, you can pinch yourself all you want but this is our new reality.