12 • Daisy

Lucy's P.O.V

Brother?

Merle always spoke of a little brother but he never mentioned his name, he was very sensitive when talking about his past and I understood that.

But how could I be so sure that this man standing below me was related to him?

It could be someone close to him?

Instead of questioning that, maybe consider the fact that this man is associated with the saviors-

But if he was, that would Merle is associated with them. I mean how else would this man know who he is?

Wait, if there's a possible chance that Merle is with the saviors and that he's alive.

"Im not gonna ask you again," The man claimed, knocking me out of my thoughts.

The hope rises in me, someone I truly care for could still be alive.

"The fuck are you doing in the woods?" I retorted, hopping down from the tree as I angrily stormed towards him.

"I asked you a fucking question, I expect you to answer."

"You expect too much, what are you? A savior." He angrily pushed me against the tree, his forearm pressing against my throat to hold me back.

"I ain't no fucking savior, now answer the question. How do you know Merle?" His words spilled with anger, it was hot boiling poison falling from the top of his tongue.

What is this is some kind of trap and I'm getting Merle into some kind of trouble?

"Well suffocating me won't get you the answer will it.." I said in a strain voice, the grip on my bat tightened as I waited for the right moment to strike. But before I could even let the moment pass, he pushed away and fell down to the floor as he let out an exasperated sigh.

"How do I know this ain't some set up?" I asked him, caressing my neck as I tried to catch my breathe.

Im disappointed at myself for letting my guard down.

"Set up for who? You?" He scoffed, looking up at me through his long hair. "Ain't no set up here, what you expecting? Bear traps and guns. We ain't got none of that shit left." He spat out, it's almost like every word he said was with distaste.

I peered at him through my eyelashes, debating what type of situation Im making this out to be.

"How do you know Merle?" I asked him, the grip on my bat not loosening.

"He's my older brother." He said with a sneer on his face, his eyes not leaving mine. "Your turn," He looked over to the bat before slowly looking back up at my eyes.

His back rested against the tree, he seemed to relaxed. Cross that. He looks exhausted.

As if he's been tossed through hell and back, left on repeat.

"He's my uncle."

He snickered, I scowled.

"We ain't got no family left for him to be ya' uncle." He said, still snickering. I eyed him slowly, pondering if this is the man Merle talked about.