Nen Type

Ah yes, an introduction would be courteous wouldn't it?

I am Kanon! (*coughTheGreatDetectiveKanoncough*)

Anyhow, nice to meet you! I guess this 'book' is almost a bit like a discussion page but I saw some interesting stuff on reddit about 'Nen' and the abilities that people created for themselves, some which were really, really cool and creative that...

Anyhow, nice to meet you! I guess this 'book' is almost a bit like a discussion page but I saw some interesting stuff on reddit about 'Nen' and the abilities that people created for themselves, some which were really, really cool and creative that were pretty fun to hear about and I'm sure some of you guys out there have some really cool ideas too!

But this is also kinda a help book too because maybe you're struggling with comprehending the Nen thing (let's face it, it can get complicated really fast) or just want some ability inspiration/help, which is also perfectly A-okay! (I mean, is that ability you're creating really have to be a Specialist ability?)

So, back to the topic at hand, wait, do we have a topic at hand?

*scrolls back up to read title*

Oh yes, Nen types!

This is almost the most basics of the basics aside from Ten, Zetsu, and Ren. I shall assume we know what all these do but just for good measure, Ten is a mainly defensive technique, Zetsu is for concealing one's aura, and Ren is a mainly offensive technique.

The most accurate and common way of figuring out one's Nen type is the water divination, correct? Depending on what type your character is, you can get pretty creative with their results!

Enhancer - The volume of the water changes

Transmuter - The taste of the water changes (this one you have a couple different choices to choose from. The result of Killua's test was sweet, but it doesn't have to be sweet for every character. Try like, salty, bitter, or sour. Or spicy, that'd be great.)

Emitter - The color of the water changes (pretty self-explanatory, pick a cool color or maybe the color your character hates the most, that'd be hilarious)

Conjurer- Impurities appear in the water

Manipulator - The leaf moves (typically on the water's surface)

Specialist - If something different happens (okay, with this one, you can go completely off the board, but having to come up with a completely different result can be difficult. Maybe the leaf loses it's color, or the leaf sinks to the bottom of the cup, or maybe the water starts to bubble or something, just flip through a couple possibilities)

But since we can't do water divination to find out our Nen types, we're going to have to stick to a good ole' personality test!

Most people remember Hisoka's Nen personality test with the accuracy equivalent to that of a blood type personality test, in other words, it can be pretty inaccurate. But it's still pretty fun and cool to base your Nen type off of your personality. Plus, for an OC, it makes them fit in better.

According to multiple online tests, I am a Manipulator!

There are tons of fun little quizzes online that can tell you your Nen type if you just search up 'nen type quiz' or something along those lines. But I'm going to put up a quick short summary of each type down below just for reference for those who don't remember what Hisoka's test was or don't feel like going to the beautiful thing that is Hunterpedia.

Enhancer - Usually simple and honest fellows. They're generally forward, don't lie, and their actions are pretty much ruled by their feelings or emotions. They can be selfish. A couple Enhancers would be Gon, Wing, Uvogin, and I'm pretty sure Netero...

Transmuter - Fickle, whimsical, and deceitful, pretty much the exact opposite of our Enhancer friends. If they aren't concealing they're shifty personality then they still probably won't come out with their real intentions. Of course, everyone knows that Killua's a transmuter, the creepy jester, Hisoka, along with Feitan, and Bisky, our favorite granny- *punched*

Emitters - Emitters are pretty hot-tempered and can get riled up pretty easily but they're easier to calm down than Enhancers. They usually don't pay much attention to details. Take Leorio, for example. Or maybe, Pokkle and Razor. And Kurapika's teacher, Izunavi. Also known as Mizuken in the 2011 anime, which I did not know, that's really interesting... Anyways.

Conjurer - More or less, high-strung, chary, cautious guys. They are analytical, logical, and very observant and normally don't fall into traps. They're more or less serious fellows. Like Kurapika, Kite, Welfin, or Shizuku.

Manipulator - Also logical people, they can be pretty argumentative. They're generally practical, down-to-earth people but are pretty stubborn about their own goals. Manipulators include Illumi, Shalnark, and Kalluto. And Zushi! (Wait, why are all the little children Manipulators?)

Specialist - This group is pretty much just like their Nen. Individualistic, independent, and charismatic. They probably won't tell you a lot about themselves and like to keep their distance. Some characters belonging to this type are again, Kurapika (Scarlet Eyes), the Phantom Troupe leader, Chrollo, fortune telling Neon, and Pitou.

Also, I've only seen this happen once or twice but c'mon guys, two Nen types?

Two Nen types?

Two Nen types?

Is that really necessary?

Unless you are Kurapika Kurta, or a Kurta at all actually, (or if the idea of two is very, very well explained (I also want an explanation on that Kurta)) that... That is not even...

WHAT IS THIS UNSCIENTIFIC BALDERDASH? (But now I'm kind of interested to see if someone could pull this idea off with a well-explained reason with well-thought out Nen abilities)

As I was saying before that whole segment, before creating a Hatsu for an OC or for yourself for fun, you gotta find the Nen type first! Or maybe create an ability and fit it into one of the categories, that works too, whatever floats your boat. All of this being said...

What's your Nen type?