TIMP- CH 3

You entered, and stood at the counter waiting for someone to take your order. A girl came over and just stared at Mike for a minute before her eyes went wide. Obviously she wasn't fooled by the hat and the sunglasses he was wearing.

"Oh my god... are you... you're... oh my god!"

Mike smiled. "Hi."

She smiled so big, you were sure her face would stick like that if it stayed there much longer. "Hi," she swooned.

You held back your laughter, as you looked between Mike and the girl who was obviously a fan.

She finally gathered her composure. "Oh, sorry. Uh... what can I get you guys?"

You both ordered and she set to it. You finally let your laughter out in silent chuckles. Mike fake glared at you. "What are you laughing at?"

"Oh my god... you're... oh my god!" you said, mocking the Starbuck's girl. Thankfully she wasn't in earshot.

Mike slapped your arm lightly, while blushing. "Shut up."

You smiled. "Aw, blushing, are we? That's so cute..."

He smirked. "Really?"

You shrugged as the girl came back with your coffees. You thanked her and walked off, searching for a table as Mike followed close behind. You found one near a window, and looked at Mike. He nodded, and you both sat down.

"Hey, um... sorry you didn't get to actually get a book while you were at Barnes & Noble today."

"Oh, but I did. Do you not remember giving me one?" you asked, smirking.

He smiled. "Yeah, but you said you already had it. Besides, it's more pictures than something to read, Danielle."

You shrugged. "No big deal. Besides, I should really be using my extra time to write, rather than read. And you don't have to call me Danielle. You can call me Dani, or just Dan. Or Cooper, even... that's a pretty popular nickname for me."

He smiled and nodded. "Alright. So, are you working on a new book then?"

You grinned. "Wouldn't you like to know...?"

He pouted. "Fine. Be that way."

"Aw, I almost feel bad..."

He smiled. "Really?"

"No."

"Damn."

You laughed. "Aw, poor baby."

You were both silent. As you opened your mouth to say something, you heard your ringtone. You fished your cell phone out of your pocket, and read the screen. 'Nathan King'. "Fuck," you breathed out.

"What? Who is it?"

"Um... it's my ex..."

"Oh... Want me to answer it? Say he has the wrong number or something?"

You smirked. "Nah, it's cool. I got this." You opened the phone. "Alo?"

"Uh... hi? I'm looking for Danielle."

"Oooh, lo siento. No hablo ingles, amigo."

"Uh, okay... Bye."

"Hasta luego." You closed the phone.

You looked across the table to see Mike trying to stifle his laughter. You smiled. What?

He smiled. "That was great. I didn't know you spoke Spanish."

"Heh. I don't remember much. I haven't used it since High School..." You put your phone back in your pocket, only to have it vibrate. "Damn..." you said, pulling it back out. You read the text message, which was, of course, from Nathan.