Nine Months

This Is More Or Less A Story Based On True Events. My Events. Hoping You All Enjoy It. All Comments Welcome. :)

Nine Months

It’s amazing how our bodies are capable of going through such a dramatic phase.

The cravings, stretch marks, mood swings. You name it, it happens.

Giving birth is something that every women should experience. Some are unable to make that happen.

Each person is different. Each body is different, and each adventure is different.

It started somewhere in September…

I wasn’t feeling like my normal self. My moods would change like the weather. And that was just not normal for me.

I craved the most unusual  foods.

Chicken Ramen Noodles, half uncooked. It sounded really delicious at the time. Anyhow, I would put some Franks Red Hot Sauce on it, along with some ranch dressing.

Like I said, unusual.

But it just was so good at the time. I ended up getting some of the people in the house to eat it along with me. Some thought I was crazy.

I happened to think I was a creative genius at that particular moment.

Not too long after that, I had made myself an appointment. I figured I had a cold, or flu.

It was that kind of season. Weather changing from warm to cold.  Everyone was getting sick.

It didn’t help the fact that I was nervous. Doctors in general make me nervous. I can’t help it.

After waiting impatiently, I finally heard my name being called.

The Doctor led us into a rather small room.

As usual, they ask you a thousand and one questions.

Thinking I was just going to get my throat swabbed, or blood drawn, the Doctor tells me to pee in a cup.

I do as told.

After doing what I had to do, I found myself and my boyfriends half sister sitting in the waiting room for the lab.

Wondering why I was going to get lab work done when I clearly was told to pee n a cup, and was never told anything about needles being involved.

Everyone that knows me knows I hate needles.

We weren’t even waiting ten minutes and my name was called again.

I stood up nervously and walked towards the Doctor. The only thing I could think about was them poking me in the arm with a very long needle.

Turning the corner to enter the lab, I noticed the chair you're usually told to sit in while they do their job. So I started walking towards it.

Just as I was about to get comfortable, I was told there’s no need to draw blood.

That made my day. But why would I be told to come into the lab area if I’m not getting any blood drawn? It just made no sense to me.

I stood up, and walked over by my soon to be sister in law. I noticed the Doctor who was supposed to take my blood had some papers in her hand.

Wondering what it was about, she took the liberty of reading my mind.

She (The Doctor) had said I’m fine. And then she congratulated me.

You're probably wondering for what. As so was I.

Then thats when she said, “The test came back positive.” She paused.

“Your pregnant.” She managed to say it with a smile.

It’s like my world had been flipped upside down. Not that it was a bad thing. I was just nervous and mostly scared.

Immediately, I grabbed the wall. I thought I was going to cry. Somehow I managed to hold it in, and just smile and freak out at the same time.

I’m talented like that.

We walked out to the appointment desk to schedule me another appointment with the OB GYN.

Looking at my papers, and a bunch of folders I was given on pregnancies, I found the sheet I was looking for.

The one that tells me how far along I am.

Well, it’s October 31st, and the paper says I’m a month and a week or so along.

My due date was set for June 24th.

I couldn't have been any happier. I just wanted to find my boyfriend and tell him the news.