Chpt.2: The Promise

Ross' pov:

Me and Red looked at each other like she hadn't done this before.

Max on the other hand asked her what she wanted to ask us. I sighed.

Max as your brother, I think we might be adopted, I love you to pieces, but you need to keep your trap shut sometimes!

I could tell Barney was thinking the same thing cuz he glared at Max as if he just killed a butterfly.

"Alright, my children  here are gifts from my ancestors to you. " and she gave Max a golden Z charm, She gave me  a red bow tie and pinned it on my shirt, She gave Red a red raptor onesie, and then she gave Barney/John an orb of some sort.

"Thank you!" We all said

"Don't thank me, thank our ancestors." She giggled

IN ROSS, BARNEY, RED, AND MAX'S ROOM...

I looked over at Max, I could tell something was up.

"Max you ok...?" I asked him

"Yeah e-everything's f-fine, just uhhhh spaced out that's all..."

"Max your a bad lair, what's wrong." I sneered 

"Fine, I don't understand why We need these, do we all have something important to do, what is it do I need to leave or something, Ross I need answers!"

I couldn't understand. Max is a grump at times but he seemed  adjatated. 

"Max?" I asked

"Yes Ross?" 

"Will you promise me something?"

"Lay it on me."

"Promise me you'll never leave our side. Even out of curiosity. Please Max Promise me!" I said choking back tears

Max froze catching on I was trying to change the subject with a promise.

Then he smiled and said"I promise..."