1

I was trying to get to the hospital, and keep my distance from everyone at the same time. We just got news about a highly contagious virus and so the city of Atlanta is on lockdown. There is two sides. Inside the cordon, and outside the cordon. I was stuck inside the cordon with all the exposed patients. The hospital was probably the safest place to be inside the cordon.

I kept my head down and my shirt over my mouth. I reached the the hospital and was greeted by a doctor.

"I'm Doctor Cannerts. You are?"

"Megan. Is it okay if I stay here? My apartment is on the other side of the cordon." I say.

"Of course. Let me show you where the other healthy patients are staying." He says and I follow him to a room where a couple of people were.

"I need to get back but if you need anything, there is a cop roaming around here somewhere." He smiled and walked back to the patients.

I sat my bag down on one of the 'beds' and took my hair out of the pony tail. I took a face mask to use instead of my shirt. There was an older man sitting and playing with his hands. I walked over and sat by him.

"Hi I'm Megan." I introduce. He smiles and nodded his head.

"I'm Bert. Nice to meet you."

"You too. Do you know exactly what's going on?" I ask hoping to get some answers.

"You should ask someone else. I know very little." He smiles.

"Thank you." I say and I walk back to where my stuff is.

Short chapter but I hope you like it so far! Chapter will get longer or shorter depending on the free time I have :) thank you!