12

While Jake was gone, I took this opportunity to to talk to Doctor Cannerts since he fixed the electricity situation.

"Is there anyway I can help with the vaccine?" I ask.

"There is, but I'm sure you don't want to."

"Try me."

"I'm sure Jake wouldn't want you to either."

"Don't you dare bring him up!" I yell. "If there is something I can do to stop this virus, and be with Jake somewhere other than this hospital, then I'll do whatever it takes!" I say quite frustrated.

"Okay. I can use your blood to heal another patient. If it works, make a vaccine."

I nod my head. "Then let's get started."

He sighed and slightly nodded his head. I was laid down on a hospital bed, and a sick patient on the other side.

Doctor Cannerts hooked me and the patient up to a few machines and it was drawing some of my blood to the patient.

It's been a little while, and I was still going. My eyes felt heavy and I seen Jake standing in front of the glass. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Megan?" He banged on the window. "Doctor Cannerts!"

Doctor Cannerts walked out to Jake and I heard what they were saying through the glass.

"Unhook her!" Jake yells.

"She asked me Jake." Cannerts says calmly.

"Look at her! Your hurting her!" Jake yells again. "Get her in a room so I can visit her."

Cannerts comes back in and soon enough I fall asleep.

---

I woke up in a room by myself with Jake sitting in a chair beside me.

"Jake?" I say weakly. He quickly looks up and smiles grabbing my hand.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Fine. Tired, but fine." I answer.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me."

"But Meg-"

"Jake." I Interrupt. "I could possible stop this thing. And I wanna be with you somewhere other than this hospital."

Jake and I talked about random things when Doctor Cannerts came in.

"You saved the patient."

I saved someone. Cannerts wants to draw more blood in order for him to create a vaccine. Of course Jake is anxious about me doing it but I say yes anyway.

He brings in a machine and Jake sits in the room with me. Slowly taking blood, Cannerts got all he needed and he started on the vaccine.

"What exactly do you have to do?" I ask.

"Separate antibodies, give everyone the shot, and hopefully things can go back to the way they were." Says Doctor Cannerts.

---

Hours and Hours later, Cannerts finished, and we were ready to give everyone the vaccine.

"Jake? Could you get other officers and bring everybody here to get the shot?"

Jake nods his head and walks off.

"How long with this take?" I ask.

"Depends on how many people are left. Make a few calls, and we can lift up those containers."

Thank you for reading, I hope you are enjoying it so far. It means a lot and if you have and feedback or question, feel free to do so!