Epilogue

As I looked out of the open window of my white room, I closed my eyes and revelled in the feeling of the icy wind brushing my face. I recalled the events that had happened a year ago and sighed.

The sick feeling I had felt when I saw his Cheshire smile when I signed my name away. The ripping feeling I felt as he split my soul away from me. Then the sinking hollowness I felt of just being empty.

Footsteps pulled me out of my reverie and I let out an irritated groan. Looking over my shoulder I glared at his infuriating, beautiful face that always had that sardonic smile.

I clenched my fists in tight balls and murderously looked out of the window, taking back every stroke of the pen. I felt him stand directly behind me and let out a content sigh. I hated this.

“Isn’t this lovely, Raven?” He let out another exaggerated sigh, rustling my hair in the process. He knew I was annoyed, but he wanted to see how far he could push me.

“Leave me alone, Lucifer. Can’t you bother someone else?” I hissed, feeling my annoyance rise.

He chuckled. “Isn’t someone touchy today,” Suddenly his laughter died down and he became serious. “But there’s no use snapping at me, you wanted this Raven.” I felt him shrug.

“And anyway, it was inevitable.  This has always been your fate...