Chapter Three - Bloody Deeds

thanks to @arrowheads who made these fantastic gifs!

______________________________________________________

Fleur's finger traced the rim of her glass, round and round it went whilst she stared into the deep red blood it held within. She had become quite entranced by it. A whole pint of it had arrived with the mornings batch but there was something wrong about it. Something none of the vampires understood.

The blood had been freshly drawn that morning but somehow it smelled old as well. Older than any human they'd encountered before. Most assumed it belonged to an older person who was trying to pay of some sort of debt to Fleur but all Vampires, even Fleur, fed by a rule. No one under the age of 18 and no one over the age of 60, and absolutely no deaths.

"Ma'am."

Fleur's gaze fell up on the Vampire before her and she skewered him with her angered gaze. She did not care for being called "ma'am" and everyone knew it. She didn't care for carelessness or recklessness. If the Vampires at the donation centre had done their jobs right they would have been able to trace the pint of blood back to person who had donated it.

"You know better not to call me that." She said with derision.

"My apologies."

"What do you call me?"

"Your Majesty." The Vampire practically trembled with embarrassment.

"And what do I call you?"

"Whatever your majesty would prefer."

"How about rodent? Would you like that?" she arched a brow.

She caught the look of distaste on his face but let him speak. "If that is what your majesty prefers."

"Well then, rodent, have you checked the security footage?"

"Yes, your majesty, everyone has been accounted for."

"Everyone but the persons blood who is in this glass." She said, holding the goblet aloft. She silenced him by holding up a hand whilst she sipped on it. "As it turns out I believe I know whose blood this might be."

"You do?"

"Yes. Take a team out to the darkest parts of the bayou."

"A wolf, your majesty? You believe a wolf might have donated this?"

"No, but someone might be hiding out there. Someone whose people owned the bayou long before the Wolves came to town. Go find him."

"Who are we looking for, your majest?"

"Trust me." She said with a smile. "You'll know him when you meet him."

Leaving her throne behind, she handed the goblet to the Vampire and headed out to find her next meal. As she reached the door she turned back to her citizen and instructed him, "Don't let anyone else drink the blood. Do you understand? Keep it hidden and not on site or else they'll be able to sniff it out."

"Yes, your majesty."

As she crossed the hall to her own rooms she spotted a group of vampires huddled in a circle and speaking in hushed tones. One of the younger members of their collective caught her eye with her flaming red locks of hair.

"You." She called to the woman. "With me."

The redhead looked between her kin and their queen before hesitantly following Fleur to the queens rooms. Fleur took a seat in her red armchair and rang a bell on the small oak table next to her. Through another door to the side a young man entered. Short but athletic and handsome with hazel eyes and flawless skin. He crossed the room to Fleur who smiled at him wantingly. He offered her his left wrist and she sank her fangs into him. He let out a small sigh of satisfaction.

She looked up to their companion, arched a brown and said, "Join me?"

The young man offered her is free wrist and the redhead drank deeply.

When they were fed and full, the man left without another word. Tripped out on the bliss of a vampires bite and smiling from ear to ear.

"What's your name again?" Fleur asked, wiping her mouth and licking her fingers.

"Sidonie." Answered the young vampire.

"Sidonie Monette. Right?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Aren't you the one who befriended the witch and the werewolf."

Sidonie averted her gaze. "Yes, your majesty."

"Good." Sidonie looked up in surprise. "That's good."

"It is?"

"I hear the Brousseau girl has returned to town."

"She has. I've seen her."

"Are you still in contact with her?"

"She has much to do and I don't want to get in the way..."

"A simple yes or no would suffice." Fleur snapped.

"No, your majesty. I mean, we've texted a couple time but I haven't seen her since the night she returned."

"Why not?"

"She is setting up meetings with her people."

"She isn't trying to reclaim her rule?"

"She intends to."

"Even with that maniac? Does she think she stands a chance against him."

"He's not the real Packmaster. He's not even from their pack originally."

"He's a Shreveport wolf, I know."

"Waverly is certain she could win if she was forced to challenge him."

"Well it will come down to that. Not everyone will be glad to see her back. Some of them would rather put up with Favrot."

"Favrot is a disaster waiting to happen."

"Agreed."

Sidonie stood up from her smaller chair and moved to leave, "Is that all, your majesty?"

"Not quite. I think you should arrange to see your little wolf friend again. See what you can gleam from her. I must know what is going on with that pack of hers."

"Might I ask why?"

"If she makes a power play and succeeds, she could become a new ally or a terrible foe. We mustn't wait to find out which."

"You want me to spy on my friend?" Sidonie asked in an accusatory tone almost forgetting who she was speaking to. "I mean, it would make me most uncomfortable."

"Remember who you're people are, Miss Monette. You are a vampire. She is a Werewolf. You two may have formed a bond but her people want take to you the way she has should you be ousted from our community."

"Begging your pardon, your majesty." Sidonie said quickly, quelled by her queen. "Of course, I shall contact Waverly at once."

"There's a clever girl." Fleur smiled falsely. "Now run along."

"Thank you, your majesty." Sidonie said, her smile faltering as she exited the room.

Fleur looked out the window to the setting sun and the sky tinged a delightful red. She wiped at her lips again and tasted the blood on her fingers craving more. She was still hungry. She picked up the little bell again and gave a cheery tinkle.

This time a beast of a man all muscles and tan entered, dressed only in a pair of shorts. Knowing what to expect the man perched on the bed waiting as Fleur stalked towards him, unzipping her dress and leaving it at the foot of the bed.

"Now, dear," Fleur said caressing his cheek and jaw tenderly, "be a good little boy and scream for mummy."

Fleur pushed her feeder till he lay flat on his back and she climbed him, straddled him, her eyes glowing red and began to feed.

�>�m=B�